Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wrong Again

I hate to be wrong.  I hate it when I realize I am wrong...and the feeling that goes along with it.  I have to swallow my pride and say exactly that...I...Am...Wrong.  It is the I am sorry part that has always been a little difficult for me.  Being wrong is one thing, but being sorry for being wrong is quite another.

I have found in myself that whenever I am on the defensive, I am usually in the wrong.  The harder I try to defend whatever it is that I am saying, the more I realize I am in the wrong.  But my pride won't allow me to say it.  I keep fighting...and keep arguing...until damage is done.  It is then that I realize and admit defeat.  After the storm.

Stubborn.  I have been labeled that a time or two.  And I will completely accept that term as a description of my character.  What is funny to me though is that here lately I have been noticing my faults more and more.  I still create massive storms with people, but am coming around a lot faster with damage control.  Who knows...with God's help, maybe one of these days I can work on my storm prevention.

I know that God wants us to be patient and kind.  He tells us that love is that way.  And if we do as He says...and love one another, we have to truly be patient and kind.  We can't just rattle it off like it is part of our daily Hello and How are you?  It has to be practiced.  Patience is a virtue and the sooner I get a hold of that patience the better off I'll be. 

In the days to come, my plan is to realize when that defensive guard goes up, that I am the one controlling the lever.  I am the one who can lower it back down by being  humble, patient and giving...and maybe I can jump on the right side every now and again!

Have a blessed day all!
Amy

3 comments:

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

Did you just describe YOU or ME?!?! Saying "I'm sorry" has been my struggle since childhood and I've been labeled "stubborn" many, many times! And you are so right... it's always so much better when I can swallow my pride and admit my fault. Like you, I've been getting much better with that, but still need (and probably always will) help with that! Love your first song today... it's one of my favorites!

Molly is still a colicky challenge, so I probably won't do parties this month, but will next month! They are discontinuing nearly 120 items from this catalog for good, so I want people to have an opportunity to purchase them before they go (some are already sold out). They are bringing in an new line for Fall that is large, so that is the reason for so many things being discontinued. I plan to send an email out sometime (when I have time - ha!).

Ksannie said...

Simply put, you have your father's DNA! LOL

humblepie said...

I'm the same way! I hate being wrong, too. I get embarrassed, ashamed, and I contemplate living in a cave with lots of blankets just to avoid the possibility of being wrong again. ;) Know that you are safe with me to be wrong as many times as you like, and I'll still love ya.