My friend Shannon requested a song for a blog post...but I couldn't find it. What I did find was a song that we used to sing in our church called Draw Me Close to You. It is one of those simple songs. The words aren't hard and the meaning is so good.
Draw me close to you
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear you say that I'm your friend
Help me find a way, Lord bring me back to you
You're all I want
You're all I ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know you are here
I've talked about laying it all down before. In the song Lead Me to the Cross, the words talk about this very thing. Where we go to the cross and we lay it all out before God. We have to be willing to put all that we are...good and bad...before Him so we can fully commit to being His.
I like this song and I thought...what a good prayer. You are all I want Lord. I have come to realize that you are all I ever really needed. Help me to know that you are here...always. Amen.
Sometimes simple is good. He is our friend and He understands when we drift away. It is knowing when to ask Him for help and recognizing the need to be closer to Him that is important. We all wander...but He is the Sheperd that never loses sight of us. Pretty cool.
Have a Happy Friday!
Amy
2 comments:
I want to sing this song in JAM - it's always been a favorite. And you're right - simple is good!
I love this one too!!!
Post a Comment