Wednesday, May 26, 2010

First Official Day of Summer

Today is the day.  The one I've been looking forward to and worrying about all at the same time.  The first official day of Summer.  WAHOO!!!  No lunches to pack...no folders to sign...no more stress.  Wait...did I say that right?  No more stress?  Bahahahaha...that is me laughing hysterically at the thought of no more stress.  I may have taken it a little far there...but all in all, Summer has a lot to offer.

Brett will be taking golf lessons and has joined the Summer Rec program for a sports class and then a ceramics class.  (Not sure what prompted the ceramics class, but he is really excited about it!)  And then of course, he'll have swimming, hanging out with friends and BASEBALL!

Tanner will also be taking golf lessons and has joined the Summer Rec program for his age group.  This is his last year before he'll get to choose which classes he'll be taking as well.  Tanner is looking forward to hanging with friends, swimming, and the one baseball tournament he has left.  Good times!

As for Coach...he'll be...well...coaching.  He has so much on his plate that it is kind of a joke to say that he gets the summer off.  He has a million practices, camps and side jobs to do...all before August.  Now to you, that may seem like plenty of time, but I know better.  'Stuff' takes over and he'll be running til the end to get it all done.

Brady and I will be waking up...hanging with our friends and sitting pool side in the afternoons this Summer.  And by pool side, I mean my three ring inflatable pool.  We blow up that lovely piece of lime green happiness and spend the summer climbing in...and out.  The little ones are so tired by the time we are done swimming in our driveway that nap time has a new meaning.

This Summer I have a small request of God...

Don't let it go by too fast.  Don't let the days slip away from me without me appreciating the time and knowing how very blessed I am.  I looked at Brett's feet the other day Lord...they are so big!  He doesn't have sweet little boy feet anymore.  He has big kid feet...and it hurts my heart a little bit.  Tanner's two front teeth are almost completely grown in...no more toothless smile.  The Schwan man asked me yesterday if Brady was 'my baby'...to which Brady so kindly replied..."I not a baby!  I Brady Michael Nelson." Yep...that one is my baby.  Lord, let it all slow down.  Let me enjoy this summer of time with my kids...family and friends.  Lord be with us as we go about our lives and help us to understand that what you have given us is all yours.  Help us to understand that we are all yours and that this time is so very important.  Help me to use the right words and actions to teach them about You...so that we can live forever in You.

Have a Blessed Day all!
Amy

I also wanted to thank the teachers that Brett and Tanner had this year.
Jan...you are an amazing person and friend.  You were so good for Brett and I appreciate all that you did to help him along in the process of growing into a good man.  I am blessed to know you and to have you in not only my life, but in Brett's as well.  Hugs!
Nic...I cannot tell you enough how great I think you are.  What you've been through in the last month has truly put you to the test and I can imagine how hard it must have been going to school  yesterday to celebrate the last day with kids you haven't seen  in awhile.  But you were a wonderful teacher and as I have said before...what a blessing to have a God loving man be influencing the lives of young people (mine specifically) in this day and age. (That goes for you too Jan)  Nic...hang in there.  We are praying for your family and for all the decisions that lie ahead.  God is with you...trust Him...stuff you already know, I am sure. 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  We are truly Blessed!

3 comments:

humblepie said...

Oh, I love this. Makes me wish so deeply that we were neighbors and that I had boys that could hang out with your boys.

This is just the beginning of a great summer! ;)

Ksannie said...

Amy, what a great way to honor the teachers. Your blog was great today - really, really, slow down and remember to meditate on his words "Be still, and know that I am God" time has a way of slipping away!
Love, Mom

Nic said...

I didn't get to tell you thank you for this post. I loved having Tanner in class. Such a great, sweet young man. Thanks for the encouragement (and dinner!) the last couple of weeks.