Good morning all! Welcome to this week. We have a busy week ahead and I am trying to mentally prepare myself for all that is ahead of us. Today is a new day. Each day we have a chance to start over. I need that so much. His mercies are new each day...thank the Lord.
We all have those days when we aren't quite what we know we should be. We say the wrong things or we have ugliness in our hearts. We make mistakes. We aren't completely honest with someone. We say a not so nice word when we drop something on our foot. We just aren't quite the picture of perfection.
God doesn't want us to be perfect though. He wants us to be who we are with Him in our hearts. I have said this before. The choices we make are ultimately ours. But with Christ in our heart, we are more likely to think about the ugliness before it comes out of our mouths. We are more likely to think about what would happen if we weren't completely honest. We stop ourselves from shouting the wrong word when we are in pain. We try to be better. Not perfect...but Better.
Even when we make a mess of our lives, He is there. He says...I will not forsake you. I will never leave you. Even when you fail. Even when you mess up. Even when you lie. Even when you speak with a harsh tongue. I am there to remind you. I am there to forgive you. I am there to be accepted by you and I am there to help you be better.
How fortunate are we to have such a good friend by our side all of the time?
Joshua 1:5
No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.
Have a Blessed New Day!
Amy
2 comments:
Thanks, Ma'am. I needed that.
I needed this today. Thank you so much.
Post a Comment