To serve others and to give of yourself is true worship. Oswald Chambers once said, “Worship is giving God the best that he has given you. Whenever you get a blessing from God, give it back to Him as a love gift.” What Stephen does best is bless others because his heart is full of God’s love. On the playing field or off the playing field, he is a walking, talking, living example of Christ. People might define him as the “Biggest Giver,” but the Lord defines him simply as an obedient, follower of Christ! (FCA impact play)
Yesterday in my message, I talked about embracing the blessings that God has given you. Ephesians 4:1 says, “We are to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.” I had to stop and ask myself several times in the process of giving this message...Am I living a life worthy of my calling? What is my calling?
For me, my calling is clearly Motherhood. God blessed me with these children and it is my job to do my very best everyday to raise them and to take care of them. I am to be a servant to the Lord by giving back to Him what he has given to me. Love, forgiveness, patience, mercy, etc. The Lord uses those things on me each day and I am to give it back to Him by treating others with respect, kindness and love.
I also believe it is my job to pass on the words God puts on my heart. He is clearly the author of this story and I am so glad to be living it out for Him. I am excited to share the things He is teaching me and I love to hear how He works in other's lives.
Matthew 25:21
"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'
It is our job to be good and faithful servants of the Lord. We do so by embracing the gifts He has blessed us with and living a life worthy of the calling we have received. As you go about your week this week...try to figure out what it is He is calling you to do and do the best work for the Lord. Compliments are the best...but how cool would it be to hear the Lord saying...
Well done child, well done. Pretty darn cool, I think.
Have a Blessed Day!
2 comments:
Beautiful, Amy!!
A great post & a great message yesterday.
Post a Comment