Thursday, May 6, 2010

Change Up

In Baseball...there is something called a change up.  I have no idea what this means, but think it is something to do with pitching.  I don't want you to think I am a total idiot, but I only know the very basics of baseball.  Pitch ball...hit ball...run to base...steal base...run home...score run (not point)  I understand RBI...because I have had to yell that a million times when Brett gets out at first, but hits someone home.  That is like the silver lining.  Sorry you got out buddy, but HEY!!!  RBI!!! 

Why am I babbling about this?  Well today I get to attend Tanner's field day at school and I am taking the afternoon off to do that.  I get to go and spend time with my two youngest sons.  I get to be outside in the sun...away from our mess.  I get to visit with other Mom and teacher friends and be away from my day to day stress.  I am so excited for the change up in my day.  I think that in baseball a change up has to do with tricking someone into thinking you are going to throw the same ol' pitch and you change it up...maybe I am way off base here(no pun intended) but that is my best guess.  Today I am tricking my soul.  I am taking it outside to be in the fresh air with two of the four most important people in my world.  I am leaving behind the stress of my 'job' and the mess of my house.  I am saying "see ya" to the mile high laundry and to the kitchen counter of 'stuff'. 

Sometimes I think we need that in our lives.  We get so used to the same ol' same ol' of our routine.  We live every day in the same way.  Sometimes in that day to day monotony, we lose sight of the most important things in our lives.  Today I am banking on this helping me get refocused to get through the end of the school year and the beginning for baseball season. 

Today I just want to thank God for blessing me with the opportunity to take a day for 'us' and for allowing me to see the importance of what truly matters. 

Hope you all have a great day and get to work planning your own change up!
Amy

See Here for the REAL definition of a change up from Wikipedia...I wasn't too far off!  Who knew...

1 comment:

JoAnne said...

Job stress? Seriously? You don't have a "real" job! :) Or so thats what I am told all of the time!
You go enjoy your day! And the sunshine....and once again.....I am jealous!(in a good way)