Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I am Wholly

It is no secret that I am a fan of the David Crowder Band.  I like their music and I love their purpose.  My sister's husband surprised her with a weekend getaway a while back to Oklahoma City to see them in concert...and she said it was AWESOME.  I can't imagine hearing them live...but I love all of their songs on the radio.  I wanted to share one with you today because it is such a cool concept.

Holy according to PR means 'set apart'.  God is set a part from us for so many reasons and I think we all understand that concept.  But to say we are Holy Yours...to Him...wouldn't be right.  When I looked up the song, I don't exactly know why I thought I would be looking for a song title that said...Holy Yours...but I found it under Wholly Yours.  Oh...right.  Wholly, as in completely.  I am as a whole...Yours.  I am completely and truly, 110% Yours.  Not just part of the way...all of the way.  The words to the chorus of this song are quite simple...which I love.

You are holy, holy, holy

All heaven cries “Holy, holy God”
You are holy, holy, holy
I want to be holy like You are

So here I am, all of me

Finally everything
Wholly, wholly, wholly
I am wholly, wholly, wholly
I am wholly, wholly, wholly Yours

We'd all like to be Holy.  But the truth is, we need to be Completely and Wholly His.  I am working on it...I really am.  I kind of feel like that there are days when I am almost there...and then there are nights when I may or may not yell at an Umpire for making a bad call...and I don't feel so there.  (Sorry Mr. Blue at West Urban)  I am so glad that God doesn't yell at me like that when I make a terrible call in life.  Like I said...I am working on it.

Today as we go about our LAST DAY OF SCHOOL and the start of a  new day...try to be Wholly His instead of half the way.  Give whatever is going on in your life to Him...Completely...and know that He will take care of you.

Have a wonderful day all!!!
Amy

Oh...and I moved my living room around for anyone who wondered about my furniture moving yesterday.  I like it and most importantly...I feel better. :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Good thoughts...wholly holy, huh? I'll work on that! :) I am CONSTANTLY working on that.

Before and after pics of the livingroom would have been a nice touch...just kidding.

Love you! Have a super weekend!
Melissa