Friday, May 21, 2010

Live With It

Praise and adore you
Lay it all down before you
In every way you're beautiful
From my heart
I praise and adore you
Made the world so beautiful
I cannot stand and deny you created life
And some live without it
And some live without it

This song has been one of my favorites for a couple of years now.  I put it on my Ipod and listen to it and several others when I just need a break.  It is calming and helps me to put life back into perspective when my grip on reality takes a plunge.

In the busy times of the end of the school year, I can see that happening more and more frequently.  We run from school to practice to ballgames.  Sometimes we eat before, sometimes we eat on the way home.  Sometimes Coach and I's dinner consists of Chili Lime sunflower seeds and Diet Pepsi.  Life is crazy right now...and the only thing being eliminated in the next week is school.  WAHOO!!!

I know that by August I will be bribing teachers to get back to school a smidge early and pawning my sweet lovies off on anyone who will take them...but for today, I am ready for them to be home with me.  Last night Brett told me to come lay in bed with him.  He said..."Mom, you never lay with me anymore."  That broke my heart.  He said..."is it because I am getting so much bigger?"  Knife through the heart...I told him that I would be better at spending one on one time with him.  He talked for twenty minutes straight about the events of P.E. that day...and I am pretty sure I dozed off about midway through his story...but we spent time together and he was happy. 

Anyway, back to the song...the words...I cannot stand and deny you created life...and some live without it.

Some Live Without It.

Doesn't that just pierce you?  What we have with Christ...the relationship...the love...the constant knowing someone is always there...and some live without it.  The forgiveness...the compassion...the faith...and some live without it.

What can we do to make that happen less?  Let our actions be the story teller.  Let our words and our every moves represent Him.  So that those who argue He did not create...that He did not live...that He does not forgive and love, can see that He did...and that He does.  Actions speak louder than words...and for those who live without it...they need to see that more than anyone.

Happy Friday All!!!  Good Luck to the Mulvane Wildcat Baseball and Softball teams as they play in their regional games today and Good Luck to Brett and my nephew Chase in their tournaments this weekend.  Bring on the sunshine and PLAY BALL!!!

Amy

No comments: