It is 7:09am and my house is silent. I can hear the birds chirping...the cool breeze is blowing in my back door and my coffee and I are slowly but surely becoming best friends. Had a good chat with my Mom this morning about things we could and should be doing in our church...food for thought.
Isn't it funny the things you hear when all is quiet? I can hear so much going on around me that I normally miss thanks to the shrill yelling of my 3 year old, or the ugly fighting amongst my 8 and 10 year olds.
I look around the house and see so much that needs to be done...yet I sit...in the quiet...and just think. I think about all kinds of things. What will the day hold? What will our crazy evening be like? How can I be better today than I was yesterday? I already know the answer to that...because I have time to think about it. Normally, I wouldn't have time to be still...but today I do.
I am soaking it all in. So this is what it is like...quiet time with God. Reflection...on what I can do differently today. Prayer time...for those in need. You guys should SO try this.
I hope you all have a wonderful day today. Sit back and give God a little quiet time...it is amazing what you hear Him saying when you truly listen.
Have a wonderful day!!!
Amy
3 comments:
Hmmmm...so maybe I should wake up early...maybe that's what I need, waking up to God and chirping birds vs. waking up to children fighting about donuts!! :)
I might give that a try...
Thanks for the talk today friend. Again, so grateful that God allowed our lives to collide. So, so thankful that He knew what I'd need and who I'd need before I did.
Love you.
Melissa
I am not a morning person . . . but, I think I should try this. It would start my day off on the right foot. I love the quiet of the outdoors, and don't get to experience that too often with my 4 kiddos. Thanks for the suggestion!
Amy-
Mike and I were "surfing" the net and found your blog...very insightful--not to mention inspirational...love the music too!!
Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more!
-Amanda Abasolo
Post a Comment