Better than a Hallelujah
Some days there aren't words for what I am trying to say. The other day in the car, I heard a song that stopped me in my tracks. I wanted you to listen to the song and they didn't have it where I could put it on my playlist. So I added the link to the youtube video with lyrics for you. (You'll want to pause my playlist on the blog before you click on the youtube link.)
Sometimes God wants to see us in our most vulnerable moments. Praising Him can mean so many different things. Sometimes we sing...sometimes we pray...sometimes we lift our hands to Him. Yet sometimes, we cry...we shout...we hurt...we live...we learn...and He still hears our praise through those things. It is amazing when you have a Christ like heart...how our sorrows pour out like praise to Him. He knows that through our pain, we aren't letting go of Him. He knows once He has a hold of our hearts...we are His. And that no matter what valley we may go through, we know that He is there. He hears us when we question His mighty plan. He hears us when we say things like..."Why them Lord?" And through our tears and pain...He hears a melody of praise.
I think it is so important in our Christian walk to realize when and what God needs to hear. He doesn't expect us to jump up and sing How Great is Our God!!! when we have lost a loved one. He expects to hear the tears falling from our cheeks. But in that sound, He hears praise. Because He knows that if we truly believe in His word...the promise is everlasting life. He doesn't expect us to praise His Holy Name!!! when we have lost a job or our marriage is on the line. The rawness of our emotions to Him...is better than a Hallelujah sometimes.
Thank you Lord for giving us the opportunity to be real...to be honest with you...and for you to be understanding to our words sometimes. We are living and learning here and with you guiding our every move...our deepest emotions to you are a melody. Thank you for knowing the difference Lord.
Have a Blessed Day All! And don't be afraid to be real with God...He is ready for it.
Amy
4 comments:
Amy,
I shared with several that when I first heard this song, I loved the melody and sang along BUT I just did not get it. I kept thinking, really, God would rather hear all of my "whines" than my praises??? During a recent retreat for the Moms group that I am in, it finally clicked in my mind and it all finally made sense. Of course, God loves my prayers or thanks BUT he wants me to come to Him when I am in need and allow myself to be shaped by His love and comforted by his healing ways. How awesome! Of course, I love love love the song even more now that I finally "get it"!
Always love to read your thoughts each day! Hope to see you soon!!!
Amy
Thanks Amy for sharing this song. I've heard it before but never really listened to the words.
I shared this song with Donna...The love of God lived out through them is surely better than a hallelujah!
Love you.
Amen to that : )
My favorite song right now! I love the words! God does want to hear us and he isn't offended when we share our deepest anger or despair! God is good and God is love unconditionally!
Love you - mom
Post a Comment