The song that you are probably hearing right now is relevant to this post...not to my faith. If you do not enjoy it, please move down to the next song. If you do enjoy it, listen to it as much as you can because it will probably return to the early 90's tomorrow. Thanks!
So last night we went to a cookout that was put on by the husbands in our group of friends. We had such a good time being with friends and laughing. They guys hung out in the garage and watched the kids while the ladies sat inside and looked up old songs on youtube. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. We had a blast.
Last week I added a song to my playlist and I thought it was rather appropriate for this topic. It is called I'm Not Who I Was, by Brandon Heath. So, so, so, so, so, true. Thinking back last night to all of the moments in my life that those songs represent...I am just not that person anymore. I know for the ladies that were there...it is hard to believe I don't go to the skating rink anymore, right? But I am so happy to sit back and think about those times in my life. The old friends...the places we hung out...the millions and millions of times we drove back and forth through our little town. We had such a fun time. We were blessed with good friends and good families that cared so much for us. We had heartaches with boys and fights with friends. We learned new things and moved away from each other. Some of us came back. Some of us are as far away from this town as they could get. But we all have the memories.
I think it is so important to always remember who you are and where you came from. That Amy may not be who I am today, but she is who got me to this place. All of the choices she made...good and bad...got me to where I am today. Every step was a learning experience. Everytime I fell and got back up...everytime I sprinted...everytime I jogged...even when I couldn't walk anymore...He was there. I am sure he had to shake His head a couple of times...but He never left me. And now He helps me to see how the heartache and struggles have made me the Amy that I am now.
Nope...I am not who I used to be. Sorry scrunched hair and tight rolled jeans...I have moved on. Skid Row...I'll never forget how the screaming love ballads made me feel at the skating rink...but I am not that person anymore. I'll always remember yesterday...but for now, I am so looking forward to what tomorrow has to bring to me, Coach, the boys and our life. I will still rock out to the hair band ballads in my minivan though...don't you worry about that.
Have a great day!
Amy
2 comments:
Love it...simply, love it.
I miss those get togethers with everyone. I can't remember the last time I went to one.
Post a Comment