Today we are sidelining our cleats for a family event. (wrong sport...I know) My Great Uncle Bob is turning 90 and the boys and I are off to Tulsa to help him celebrate such a milestone. At first we were dragging our feet to go. The boys had baseball tournaments and Coach had several Graduation receptions to attend for students past that have meant a lot to him. But in the end, we decided to make the choice to pull the boys from one day of their tournaments and head down to see our family. Some of this family I have not seen since our Wedding in 1998! Which means that they have never met any of our children. I am excited to take them and introduce them to family members they know nothing about.
I considered a bribe for good behavior. I have not completely done away with that idea either. It is very important to me that they are kind to one another and that they are respectful in every way...I am praying for a miracle.
The thoughts crossed our minds that the boys would miss out on fun with their ball teams. We were worried that maybe Brett would be punished for being gone. But as God would have it, he is on a team with people who have good hearts. Not only did they say it was fine for him to be gone, but they said that they thought it was good that we were going. Family is important. Baseball is a game. Blood is thicker than Gatorade. So they'll miss a few at bats...maybe a win...maybe a loss. The good news is they'll get to reenact this whole process tomorrow when we are back in town. And if not tomorrow...the next time. Spending a day with family unfortunately doesn't come around as often.
So we are hanging our cleats for today...and starting on a road trip with my three boys, and my sister's two kids. Five kids...two adults...snacks, coloring books, DVD players, Ipods, and two very large diet cokes...but No Gatorade today.
Have a Blessed Day and Happy 90th Birthday Uncle Bob! Oh and Congrats to all the Mulvane High School Graduates! Best Wishes and God Bless!
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment