“The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.”- 1 Corinthians 2:14
Have you ever heard the term..."consider the source"? Well, it is my belief that sometimes, that expression is extremely true. The verse above states that people without the Spirit do not accept things that come from God. Not only do they not accept them, but they think they are foolish. They can't understand the concept. How sad...
Sometimes, I feel as if I am under attack. For things I do and say. They may come out wrong. They may be perceived wrong. They may get overheard by the wrong people. They may get passed on without my knowing. They may simply be wrong to say. But I am human. So sometimes, I mess up.
But I can see a distinct difference when my mess ups involve a Christian person, and when they do not. People with Christ in their heart understand the idea of forgiveness...compassion...mercy. They understand that although we are believers and followers of Christ...we mess up. Even God gets that...which is why those who shine His light, live that way too.
Sometimes though...in a conflict, we come across an individual or a group of people that struggle to find forgiveness...that lash out at us for our wrong behavior, forgetting that they might play a part in it as well. Those people NEED Christ in their lives. And as much as we'd like to turn our back on those who hurt us...we know better. From time to time, our feelings get hurt. Our hearts get broken. Our confidence gets shot. But BECAUSE we have Christ in our hearts...we can move on. We can stand up once again and give the greatest gift of all. Forgiveness.
Even when others can't forgive you...forgive them. For they know not what they do. Without the Spirit in their lives...they don't accept the things that come from God...and they don't understand why you do the things you do. But...they might want to know more about your forgiving heart. If someone has wronged you...pray for them. Pray for their hearts...forgive them for their wrong doings as God would do for you.
Have a Blessed Day!
Referee of 3
1 comment:
God's grace - awesome, isn't it? As Christians we are called to a higher standard than those who lack his teachings, but as humans, we sometimes forget what he has taught us. Today's blog is a good reminder to all of us that we try and often fall short of the glory of God, but his grace is what saves us from our human mistakes. Thanks for the reminder because like you, I am human and I will make mistakes! Love you - mom
Post a Comment