“And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.”- 1 John 4:16
I am reminded this morning of a song that I think I have had on here before. Praise and Adore by Waverly. The chorus of the song says this.
So I'll praise and adore you
Lay it all down before you
In every way your beautiful from my heart
I'll praise and adore you
Made the world beautiful
And I cannot sit and deny you created life
And some live without it
Some live without it.
Those are pretty powerful words when you think about it. The verse says we rely on God's Love. Whoever lives in love, lives in God...and God in Him.
The God who created life. The life that is full of hope and understanding. The life that is full of unconditional love from the Father. The life that offers promise...and good. The life that sometimes brings us to the valley, but back to the mountain tops every single time...and some live without it.
Why is that?
Is it because they don't want His love? Is it because they don't need His love? Is it because they don't understand His love? Is it because they don't know about His love?
Because if that is the case, then that falls on us...and we know it. We live in His love. We bask in it's possibilities daily. We live in the love that equals life...that equals Him being alive in us. If we live in love...and live in God...and God in us, don't we have a responsibility to share that love? With anyone who doesn't have it? And believe me friends...you know when someone doesn't have it. It is in their actions...their words...their thoughts. So why when we see that someone doesn't have that love...do we turn our backs? That isn't what Christians do. We are to shine, shine, shine...let it shine. Not just for who we deem worthy of His love...but shine for ALL to see.
I cannot imagine living without it...but, some do.
The other day, Little and I were heading back from an almost emergency trip to the bathroom at the football game. My friend Tracey would refer to this as a CODE 5 (Little dancing around as if he had ants in his pants...completely denying that he would have to use the restroom and me knowing full well we had well over a two minute walk to get anywhere that would be appropriate for him to go). Anyway, on our way back from this lovely experience...another little guy went running by and Little says to me..."Man Mom...that kid is on a mission!" I laughed at the thought of us being on that very same mission about three minutes prior and now hearing it come from Little's mouth as if our running was no big deal. My point...right. Okay so we are on a mission too. Our mission has to be to spread God's love...to give life...to those who live without it.
Some live without it.
They shouldn't.
It is our 'mission' to spread the love that lives within us that could only be His.
Are you with me?
Have a Blessed Day!!!
Referee of 3
2 comments:
I'm with you my friend!!!
So very true, Amy! And there are so many ways to share that love with others in this day and age....your blog being one really great way!!
Post a Comment