“Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.”- John 14:23
First of all, let me apologize for not blogging this weekend. We have been doing things around the house and the time has just not been available. Usually, blogging is the second thing I do in the morning (first being stumble to coffee pot to get some energy). With the long weekend, we've been taking advantage of not getting up early...so blogging just doesn't happen.
Yesterday, we went to church and the service was wonderful. We slept in until the very last minute...and considered (just a little) not going. But...we rallied the troops and made it just in time. I am so glad too. PR...good job! His sermon was all about the finding the purpose in work and doing it for God. Sometimes we get so hung up on the job itself...rather than why we do it. Sometimes we get down on ourselves for what we do...instead of who we are truly doing it for. Today's bible verse really spoke to me this morning because one of the songs on this playlist is a song that almost brought me to love contemporary Christian music. If we make our heart a home for Jesus...we are to make decisions as He would make them. If He lives within us...everything we do is to be a reflection of Him. As humans, we miss the mark sometimes. But usually, if we are living a Christ-like life...we are at least trying.
Come and make my heart your home
Come and be everything I am and all I know
Search me through and through
That my heart becomes a home for you
Be everything I am...
Daughter
Sister
Wife
Mother
Friend
Caretaker
Come and be EVERYTHING I AM...and help me to feel the joy in EVERYTHING I do.
This week as you go about doing your jobs...try doing it for Him...and see if you feel any differently about the daily grind.
Have a Blessed Labor Day!!!
Referee of 3
1 comment:
Wow! I have been having a realy hard time at work lately. I'm just not sure I'm where I am suppose to be or doing what I am suppose to be which has made me cranky. I'm going in tomorrow and live in the moment and work for God until he decides to open another door!
Post a Comment