“Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.”- Isaiah 46:4
I looked at this verse today and thought...I love this! What a reassuring verse. I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Wow.
*sus·tain /səˈsteɪn/
–verb (used with object)
1. to support, hold, or bear up from below; bear the weight of, as a structure.
*car·ry /ˈkæri/
–verb (used with object)
1. to take or support from one place to another; convey; transport: He carried her for a mile in his arms. This elevator cannot carry more than ten people.
*res·cue /ˈrɛskyu/
–verb (used with object)
1. to free or deliver from confinement, violence, danger, or evil.
I will support you...and hold you up. I will carry you...I will transport you when you cannot take another step...I will rescue you...I will free you from evil.
In times of trouble...these words are so assuring. And the best part is that I know it is a promise coming from God. It is true. It isn't like someone saying..."Sure, I'll do that for you!" and then not following through. Which I am famous for. I tend to forget the follow through...especially on phone calls. I used to say, "I'll call you back"...until my sister started answering that phrase with..."No, you wont...but that it is okay." Alright...maybe she's right. I have the best of intentions. I want to talk to her again. I think it is a good sounding goodbye...I'll call you later!...but she is probably right. I am not so good on the actual call back. (If any of my friends agree with this...feel free to keep it to yourself. :) No seriously though...when God makes a promise...He keeps it. That is why I found this verse so incredibly encouraging.
The one who made us...will carry us through bad times.
The one who made us...will support us when difficult situations arise.
The one who made us...will rescue us from evil...if we allow Him to do so.
The one who was...the one who is...the one who is always going to be...He promised.
Thank you Lord for your promises. They are reassuring...and encouraging. We are blessed beyond measure to have your promises to fall back on when earthly things and people let us down. Amen
Have a Blessed Friday All!
Referee of 3
PS~There are 8 days left until the Kyrie Foundation Twilight Walk. If you would like to join our team, would like to donate money, or would just like more information, you can go to www.kyriefoundation.dojiggy.com/amynelsonmom. Thank you for your support and Go Kyrie Go!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment