"Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”- John 3:20-21
I thought today's verse was interesting because it kind of went a long with what I was saying yesterday. It is one of those verses that makes me think directly about the good and the bad in this world. To live by the truth is no easy task. I struggle with it every single day. Sometimes I would rather hide in the shadows than be exposed. That is what humans do. We make poor choices sometimes...and we hide from God. It is no different than our kids doing something wrong and making a run for it before we find out.
In fact, just the other day, Little was playing football in the basement (which has been banned)and I was in a hurry to get somewhere. I had just finished work and had about 15 minutes to make myself look presentable before the babysitter got there and I walked out the door. In the middle of getting ready...I hear a crash from the basement. I ran to the top of the stairs and hollered down to see what had happened.
Nothing.
No sound what so ever.
Now, our house is not big enough that you could be anywhere in it and not hear us yell. But no one came to the stairs to fess up. Little was hiding. He had broken a huge hurricane type vase and it was in what seemed to be a million pieces. Why is it that when you have all the time in the world and something breaks...it breaks into three pieces. But when you are for any reason in a hurry...there are a million pieces...shards of sharp glass...Ugh! Little was disobeying me by playing football in the basement...and he was ashamed when it resulted in a broken vase. He didn't want to be exposed for his work because he knew he was wrong and would be in trouble.
We are so much like that as Christians. We may not be quite as obvious with our hiding...but we do it. We stay in the dark...not communicating with God. Not giving our lives to Him. Not wanting to be exposed for what we've done. But God wants us to come into the light and change our lives. Even if we have things we are afraid for Him to see...and for others to see. That is the beauty of His forgiveness. It is there. All we have to do is ask for it.
Have a Blessed Day!
Referee of 3
1 comment:
How have you made it to football player number three and still had a glass hurricane vase remaining in the basement to be broken? I'm very impressed.
Post a Comment