“Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.”- Romans 15:7
Sometimes it is so hard for us to accept the differences in each other. Coach and I are VERY different people. I know that when we decided to get married...a lot of people were skeptical for many reasons...one being that we are polar opposites.
Coach is an incredible man. He is hard working, determined, and will stop at nothing to finish a task. Even if the task is putting away laundry. He is a simple man. He doesn't want for much. He is happy with what he has and is a worrier. He doesn't like crowds and can't stand to be in the spotlight. If he thinks others are looking at him...he'll try to blend in the background and NOT be noticed.
I am also hard working...but don't mind putting things off for another day. I am a woman...therefore...I am complex. It is the way we are made. I always want more and I am one of the most laid back people you will ever come across. I love crowds and live for the spotlight. See what I mean?
We are complete opposites...which can cause a lot of problems. It has taken us almost 12 years to figure out how to compliment each other instead of work against each other...and we still have our moments. But God brought us together. God made us for one another. And I am so glad. I love that we have differing opinions and that we don't always see eye to eye. Because it offers us each a new perspective on things. It gives us the opportunity to see things in another light...as someone else might see them.
Sometimes we talk so much in trying to get our point across...that we miss the opportunity to listen to another perspective because we won't accept that differing opinions occur. God says we must accept one another as He accepted us in order to bring Him praise. I have a feeling that God's opinions aren't always like mine...and mine aren't always God like...but I know...that he accepted me...therefore...I must accept others. Even the ones who think completely different than I do...because I know I can learn something from those opinions. Sometimes it is better to listen than to speak. We'll see if I EVER learn that. If I know that in doing so...it will make me better in praising Him...I'll learn.
Have a Blessed Day!
Referee of 3
No comments:
Post a Comment