Friday, September 17, 2010

AUGGGHHHHHH! There...I feel better.

I feel a little like the Rabbit on Alice in Wonderland this morning.  My head is so full of what I have to do, where I have to be, what time I am supposed to be there and what I am supposed to bring...that I can't think straight.  I woke up at 3:30am and just asked God to please calm my heart.  I started thinking about things that are out of my control...and then my thoughts were led to things I would never want to happen.  By that time, I was in a complete panic laying in bed, knowing I had less than two hours of sleep left...and so much to be rested for.

Lord, calm my heart.

Those were the only words that would even come to me.  And you know what?  He did.  He always does.  I don't know if He has magic sleeping dust...or what.  But minutes later, I was asleep. 

This is a busy weekend for us.

Football...Wedding rehearsal...More Football...Wedding...Kyrie Foundation Twilight Walk...Birthday party...Church...and then END OF WEEKEND.

I just feel like for our days of rest, I'll be completely, overwhelmingly busy.  And the thought of not getting a seconds worth of rest this weekend makes me nervous.  HOWEVER...I know that He'll calm my heart. 

Be still Child...Be still.

So...I would like to say Good Luck to Tanner and Brett in your games tomorrow.  Congratulations Stephanie and Jeff...may you find the love in each other that God has for all of us.  Jordan and Lacie...I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful event tomorrow night.  My excitement will never overshadow why we do what we do though.  I am praying for your hearts as we go out there and kick Cancer's butt.  (well said, right?)

Everyone have a fantastic weekend!
Referee of 3

It isn't too late to join us in our fight against cancer.  The Twilight Walk is located at Bishop Carrol High School and the fun begins at 5pm.  The 10 lap walk will start at 7pm and we'll walk in honor of the 10 children per day that are diagnosed with pediatric brain cancer.  Lots of food, fun activities, entertainment and a silent auction.  Please come out and join us.  You can register ($10.00) online today at www.kyriefoundation.dojiggy.com or you can pay a the gate tomorrow night.  If you'd like to make a donation, please visit www.kyriefoundation.dojiggy.com/amynelsommom or you can send me a check or cash.  If you choose to send the money directly to me, message me at amynelsonmom.nelson@gmail.com, and I'll send you the information.  Thanks so much!  Go Kyrie Go!!!

No comments: