“Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.”- Psalm 143:10
Sometimes life can feel like a rollercoaster. The ups and downs...the highs and lows. There are moments when things are going along just perfect. And then...without warning...we drop. It can be a number of things that bring us down...stress, grief, financial issues, loss of jobs, relationship problems, etc. But usually, without fail, we end up at the bottom, praying that God will get us back to the top. I used to pray all the time that God would do something specific in my life. Please Lord...let me get this job. Please Lord...let me wake up as if this never happened. But the Lord didn't honor those requests. He had a bigger plan for my life. Even though part of the journey took me through darkness (and still takes me there from time to time) His plan is so very different than what I would have planned out for myself. Looking back, I am so thankful He is in charge.
Sometimes unanswered prayers are the best kind. Because they aren't unanswered at all. Instead of saying...You Got It! He says...Trust Me. Instead of saying...I'll do what I can to make your life easier. He says...Listen to what I am teaching you.
Garth Brooks sang a song about this very thing. Some of God's greatest gifts, are unanswered prayers. I now try to pray that God's will will be done in my life...no matter what it is that I want. There are still highs and lows. There are still moments when I try to put my hands in and work the situation. But overall, I know who is running the show. And the more I let go and let God...the better off I am.
Have a blessed week!
Referee of 3
No comments:
Post a Comment