Song~If you want me to, Ginny Owens
This week has brought forth many emotions for me. I don't know Nic and Sarah well at all. Nic is my son's teacher and I have passed Sarah a few times at school, but don't truly know them. I am learning about them through this process and I am so proud to know that Nic is Tanner's teacher. I told someone yesterday that it is a blessing to have a God loving man teaching my child when school doesn't really allow God to be around. I know they don't talk about God in class, but I do know that his actions reflect Christ.
In blogging about their story and posting updates, it got me thinking. Would I be willing to go through the valley if God asked me to? I am sure that had you asked Nic and Sarah a week ago if this would be ideal for their lives, they would have answered No. But in reading Nic's note the other day, I am pretty sure they are embracing the path that God has given them...and even sharing His love in the process. I am willing to put myself out there every day with my faith. I write what is on my heart. I am proud to be a Christ loving woman. I am proud to say that I am changing my life and making Him the foundation in everything I do. But am I willing to say YES LORD! to the bad times? Am I willing to accept and embrace the broken path that might be in front of me? I can't say that I am. Does that make me ashamed? No. It simply means that I need to work that much harder to trust in the Lord with ALL of my heart...not just the side that says...I trust you when things are going well. I heard someone say the other day that we are never "there" with our faith. That our faith is a journey and when we reach the point when we think we are "there", we fall. Satan doesn't just strike those who are far from Christ. He comes full on at those who are strong in their relationship with Him. He attacks us in the best of times.
I thought this song was perfect for this question in my mind. Do I trust Him. Am I willing to do whatever it takes for the Lord? Am I willing to shout it from the mountain tops? YES LORD! But am I willing to walk through the valley to get to the mountain tops? If He wants me to...
Lord, be with us as we make the decision to trust you day in and day out. Be with us as we become more willing to follow your heart rather than trying to understand your hand. Help us Lord to know that you are with us...no matter what.
Amen
Have a Blessed Day!
Amy
4 comments:
Amen! Amen!
Love ya sister!
Priscilla Shirer calls it "being in the wilderness times" - you are right, could we? would we? Be that strong - as strong as Nic and Sarah, as strong as Steph and Kerry when they lost their precious Lindsey, as strong as granny and grandpa when they lost their second child, as strong as little Kyrie's family as they lost their precious child, as strong as my dear friend Sherry when she faced pancreatic cancer with such a positive attitude and such a will to be strong for those around her and the list goes on and on of examples of God working in lives to get them through the wilderness times. I am praying that we will always find that strength through our relationship with God. Great blog today! Love you - mom
I adore this song. It's truths have gotten me through many a tough time. There were days when I was still trying to hold on to freying threads at the church that I would sit in my office and play this song quietly and just meditate on "If you want me to..."
My very favorite line is "I remember the suffering that your love put you through." He knows...therein lies the comfort that ONLY He can offer. He really knows, He's already experienced the pain. He knows our own pain and He's ready to walk with us through it.
I have every confidence that if you are ever faced with a valley, deep and aboding, you will simply tighten up your hiking boots and start the journey. You will do it with a loving Father leading you, protecting your back and holding your hand every step of the way.
Awesome post today, my friend! I just love how God is working in your life. You are such a blessing.
Melissa
I adore that song! I have cried to it many times. It's so funny, my sister and I were talking about the song just the day before this post. Coincidence? nope.
Post a Comment