I have been hearing the words of songs lately that have just really worked on my heart. I know I've heard these words before, but never have I understood the meaning of them until just recently.
There is a song by Mercy Me called...So Long Self and I wanted you to read the words below.
So long, self
Well, it's been fun, but I have found somebody else
So long, self
There's just no room for two
So you are gonna have to move
So long, self
Don't take this wrong but you are wrong for me, farewell
Oh well, goodbye, don't cry
So long, self
And then I recently added the song 'Lead Me To The Cross' to the playlist and the words in it are as follows.
Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Oh Lead me, lead me to the cross
Finally, the words to the song Beautiful by Kari Jobe...Love Love Love this song.
Here, before your altar
I am letting go of all I've held
Of every motive
Of every burden
Everything that's of myself
The first time I heard Lead Me To the Cross, I had to check the lyrics because I thought...surely that doesn't say Lord I Lay Me Down. But it did. So I let that thought process in my mind for awhile and have become to to truly and completely understand it.
God wants us to completely rid ourselves of ...basically ourselves. The things that are wrong in our lives, the poor choices we have made, the ugliness in our hearts. He wants us to lay it all down and rid ourselves of that burden. All the bad and ugly come from choices we've made without Him. I still make those poor decisions. I still say ugly things. But as I said before...it isn't without the sting of hearing Him say...Choose differently daughter. I am making conscious decisions to do the right thing because I am letting Him be in charge of my thougths. I am making good choices because I am loving others with His love. I have to let the old Amy go. She has been weighing me down for some time now and it is time to say So Long Self. I am giving myself fully to the Lord so that he can do His work through me. What an awesome thought! Think about it friends. And allow God to flow through your new identity. Don't get me wrong...I am still Amy...but I am becoming such a better hearted person all because I have given Him the reigns. So long Self.
Have a Blessed Day!
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment