Quick update on Sarah...she was able so get in a wheelchair yesterday and her boys were brought up to the hospital. She was able to hold the baby and hug her two year old. Vision is still gone, but her speech had improved. Keep praying for a full recovery for her...I know her family appreciates the prayers so much.
I started a new bible study yesterday called He Speaks To Me, by Priscilla Shirer. As life would have it, I put in the DVD yesterday morning and could hardly hear the TV over the kids. So I stopped. I then tried to watch it again over lunch. No luck. I started getting frustrated and just asked God to come and make this a priority in my heart right now. As I have said before, I tend to shy away from anything that requires a commitment. So at naptime, I put the DVD in my laptop and Priscilla and I cleaned the kitchen together. We had two baseball games last night so I haven't had time to get to the workbook, but if anything great comes out of the workbook, I'll be sure to share it later today.
Childlike Faith...
Priscilla started talking about this girl Ryan that had been at a conference she spoke at. Ryan was publicly worshiping God. Hands in the air, loudly singing...all out worshiping God. She was autistic. "She was a 2 year old, trapped in a 17 year old's body". She was not hindered by the what others would think thing because she didn't know better. This lead Priscilla to talk about having childlike faith.
I was amazed as I listened to how much she was connecting to the bible. Bible studies are so great for me personally because I just don't know the bible like I should. I believe...I have faith...I know that God is in my heart...but knowing the word is difficult for me.
Luke 18:16
Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of Heaven to belongs to such as these.
God knows that children are such innocent creatures. We as children were so dependent on our parents...and not just as children, but as babies. As babies we are dependent on our parent's every move. We knew they would feed us the right foods, and put us to bed at the right times. We TRUSTED them to take care of us...never doubting them...never questioning their motives or their plan. God wants us to be like that in our live for Him. He wants us to know that He will never take us where He is not. He wants us to know that He will direct us in the path that He Himself has designed for us. He wants us to FULL OUT TRUST HIM.
I was thinking about our oldest son Brett...and how he is nearing the lovely age of 11. He has already started rolling his eyes and sighing when asked to do his chores. He throws up his hands and stomps down the stairs when he doesn't get his way. But in public, he chooses to be less obvious because others are watching and he doesn't want to be embarrassed. I thought of his faith and his personality. He is not one to raise his hands in worship...but as a child, he was less inhibited by what others thought. Are we too late? Have we lost the opportunity to share with him the importance of keeping that childlike relationship with God? No way. I am 32 and learning every single day.
Take time to reevaluate your relationship with Christ and revert back to your childhood. Remember when singing the loudest and talking about God was so great. Remember when you said that God loves you and no one looked at you funny. Try to care less about what others think and give Him your full and complete trust. Remember that He loves us...so much...and that the little ones belong to Him.
Have a Blessed Day!
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment