Can You take me by the hand?
Can You use me as I am?
Break me into who You want me to be
When the time is finally right
Will You open up my eyes
And show me everything You want me to see?
This life is not my own
To God alone be the glory
To God alone be the praise
Everything I say and do
Let it be all for You
The glory is Yours alone
Yours alone
Everything I say and do. Ugh. Let it be all for you. I am trying Lord. The Glory and Praise part I feel like I have down. I know He is behind everything in my life. Every step. Every breath. He is there. He prepared those moments for me. And I fully give Him credit for the things I've learned over the last four months in writing this blog. But the 'Everthing I say and do' part tends to haunt me from time to time. I know for a fact that everything I say and do doesn't reflect Him. A lot of it does. More of it reflects Him than it did a year ago...but I also know I am not all the way there yet. I have those moments where I slip back into the old, bitter, jealous, ugly hearted me. I say things immediately followed by a 'Sorry God'. I am sure that God is up there saying something like I say to the boys...Amy, if you don't mean it, don't say it. And don't take that tone with me young lady. Right...I am really sorry this time. Then don't let it keep happening. Do unto others.
I think it is so great in this song that it says 'Break me into what you want me to be'. I don't know how many times in the last few weeks I have referred to being broken in coming to Christ. And I don't mean coming to Him for salvation. But just simply 'coming' to Him. Getting on your knees and praying to Him in a state of broken-ness. Lord...I've made a mess of my life...and I need You. I need Your help.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Oh that saying is so hickish. It just sounds funny when you use the word 'ain't' in a sentence. And I am pretty sure the controversy still goes on if it is even a word. Anyway...that saying is so true. Why would God fix us if we weren't broken? We are all broken in some way. We go to Him in our times of need because of the choices we've made. He says I will fix you...I will make you whole again...I will make you the way you are supposed to be...not the way you think you should be. Are you ready ? We have to respond in a way that says...Break me into what you want me to be. Make me whole so that I can be who you designed me to be. The transformation is incredible if you are willing to give Him alone the Glory.
Have a great day everyone! We made it to Wednesday!
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment