Romans 5: 3-5
And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
Baseball. Baseball. Baseball. From now until the end of the July, our lives will be consumed with Baseball. I have been talking lately about finding the right balance and juggling. Baseball season confirms our need for balance. I have a dry erase plate that I write sayings on and in the spring I like to write...
We interrupt this family for BASEBALL SEASON!!!
It is just so true. If you need us, you can find us at Southwest Boys Club or West Urban about any night of the week. I've been making lists of things to pack for the games. I've been packing a bag for Brady to keep him busy during the games. I have been putting lawn chairs and blankets in the back of the van and making sure we have sunscreen, bug spray, antibacterial hand gel and a first aid kit. I have been stocking up on sunflower seeds and Big League Chew. (Gum, that is)
I am so excited to sit and watch the boys do their thing. I love watching Coach be in his element with our own kids. So often he gets to share that gift with other kids and when the boys play, we get to share in what he is all about. I love to yell for the boys and hug them after the game...win or lose.
I think God feels like that about our lives too. He loves to watch us do things that we love to do. He is there cheering us on...encouraging us...supporting us...loving us. Win or lose. Sometimes in life, things don't turn out the way we intend. But God has a plan. He gives us losses to learn from. He gives us wins to celebrate and to remember his goodness. That is the way He works. Happiness is there for us to feel His goodness. To remember His hope and His promise. Sadness is there for us to live through, learn from and to know that His sacrifice was not for nothing. It was for everything. I have been talking a lot about balance lately and it is so very important to find the strength in both. Happiness and Sadness. The mountains and the valleys. They are so very different in our lives, but teach us something so important.
Enjoy the sunshine...the happiness. Live in it. Love from it. And don't hide under an umbrella from the rain in our lives either. Let it wash you. Let it teach you. And know that the Son is never far from the storm.
Have a Blessed Weekend. GO JAGS!!!
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment