The definition of perspective is~a view or vista. Everyone has different views on things. And perspective can come into play with just about any topic. People have different views on where they grocery shop and why. People have different views on what school their kids should attend and why. People have different views about where they buy their pizza and why.
It is so important to remember that when having a discussion with someone about...really anything. Why would you live in Mulvane, KS? Well...why would you not? Everyone has their own reasons for what they do and with Jesus in our hearts, we should try harder to understand where they might be coming from. I have a terrible habit of trying to convince people otherwise when they have a negative attitude about something I think is very positive. But I am learning through His eyes that perspectives are usually based on experience. And those experiences can lead to some very strong viewpoints. I need to let other opinions be and know that it is all a matter of perspective. I have to remember that a lot of what makes me who I am is the experiences that I have had that have brought me to this very point.
I am not saying never try to help someone see your perspective. I am just saying to remember there might be a path behind them that you cannot see that has brought them to that point of their own. And pray for them. If it is something you feel passionate about...pray for Him to soften their hearts and to open their eyes to what they cannot see.
I thought this song would be appropriate as we could all do a better job of seeing things through His eyes somedays. It is called Give Me Your Eyes by Brandon Heath.
Off to the baseball tournament all! Have a blessed Day!
Amy
2 comments:
Was this directed at our family? Just kidding! If the shoe fits, wear it? Right? Will work on the "seeing the other perspective" thing! Love you - mom
I can think of JUST a few reasons I would move to Mulvane! (Hey, AND Mulvane made the news with their famous Italian restaurante!)
Post a Comment