Thursday, April 1, 2010

Good Grief


For anyone who knows Brady Michael...this picture will not surprise you at all.  Yes...he is standing on our kitchen counter.  I put him up there so that when I took the picture, all could see how hilarious he looked.  As I remember, it was Easter Sunday one year ago.  We were all rushing around trying to make sure we were ready in time to get to church.  Brady wanted to get dressed, but we were all ignoring him.  Trying so hard to make everything perfect.  Apparently Brady got tired of waiting, so he decided to do it himself.  If I remember correctly, the "My do it Myself" phase started that very day and has yet to end. 

Everything is "My do it!"  It is so very frustrating to know that he doesn't want my help anymore.  He is the very child who could do nothing without me three years ago.  I did everything I could possibly think of and more for him.  Now, he wants no assistance in anything...even when clearly he needs my help.

God works like that in our lives as well.  When we are clearly a mess...head in the arm hole of life...God knows we need him.  It is sometimes obvious to everyone but us.  Like Brady, we don't always recognize the need for help.  We are perfectly happy...as was he...with the mess we have made.  But God and everyone else knows, you cannot go to church with no pants and your head in the arm hole.  It just doesn't work that way.  You have to have your life straightened out.  And that is why we ask Him for help.  We need to check the mirror sometimes to see the problems within ourselves.  And then we need to go to Him and beg him to help us get things back in order. 

Lord...be with those of us  who sometimes can't see the mess we've made.  Help all of us to straighten up and follow you.

Have a Blessed Day!
Amy

4 comments:

Ksannie said...

I love this blog! You are so right on - we can't really go to God with "no pants and our head in the arm hole"! Been there many times and God just laughs and knows that in time, I will get it together and make a fashion statement once again! Oh, I'm so thankful that God loves us as we are and that he knows us through and through. He accepts us for what we are and where we are in our lives! Thanks for the humor today - Brady always makes us smile.
Love you always,
Mom

Brecken said...

I love this, Amy!! So funny....and SO true!!!

Ksannie said...

Amy,
I just read what you added to the Wed., 24th blog about Sherry! Thank you for mentioning her and you are right - it was a God moment for me! Kari Jobe's music really touches your heart. I do miss Sherry and as we approach her birthday and the day we lost her, I am able to rejoice knowing that she is enjoying the music of heaven. She did love her music, didn't she!! Having her as an angel is a good thing! Love you - mom

Melissa said...

Love it, Amy! And I love that sweet Brady boy! Thanks for today's post, good stuff. Thanks for being so willing to share your heart, even when it's vulnerable. God is doing such amazing things in your life and you are rubbing off on others!

Much Love!
Melissa