Saturday, April 10, 2010

There's No Crying in Baseball

One of the movies I used to love to watch was A League of Their Own.  I just laugh when I watch the part of the woman crying from an error as her coach yells at her..."THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!!!"  Women were picked to play baseball while the men were away at war.  And it makes me laugh because for me...and me ONLY...I cannot take the place of a man.  I know there are women out there with the

Anything He can do I can do BETTER...I can do anything BETTER than Him

attitude.  And I love that...but it is just something I don't possess.  I can't swing a bat.  I can't change a tire.  I can't field a ground ball.  I don't discipline my kids the way their Dad does...Dad's just have that scare about them that Mom doesn't have.  One of my favorite stories of Coach and his parents was his Mom coming in to get him out of bed in the mornings.   Coach said she'd come in and try to quietly wake him.  She'd scratch his back...and politely ask him to get up.  (I do the same thing to our oldest so this just cracks me up.)  Then she'd get annoyed with the fact that he hadn't gotten up...and raise her voice a bit more.  Finally, she'd start to really let him have it...nothing.  Coach would just lay there.  But his Dad...who had MS...and couldn't get out of bed without assistance, and needed his scooter to get around in...would simply YELL FROM THE BED and Coach would get up.  Explain that to me please?  The man couldn't get to Coach without an extreme amount of effort, yet Coach knew to get up.  See what I mean?  And it is just so darn true.           

Anyway...my point is this.  I have a very emotional relationship with Christ.  Just last night I was on the phone with my Mom because she bought me the Kari Jobe CD and I was listening to a song that just brought me to tears.  I don't know  if it was the day I had had or just the words of the song reminding me of how much I love Jesus...I just was overcome with emotion.  Not everyone is like that.  Not everyone lets their emotions engulf them to the point of no control.  I do it quite frequently.  Some people keep those moments private...and that is okay too.  No one is better than anyone else for the way they relate to God.  No Man is better than any Woman...No Woman is better than any Woman...No Man is better than any Man.  In God's eyes we are all equal.  And so even though there is No Crying in Baseball...let your emotions go when you are expressing yourself to God.  And know that no way is wrong...or better than the other.

Have a Blessed Day!
Amy

1 comment:

Jan said...

I enjoy reading your blog each and every day for your message from God. Today's blog really fits me, also. I am completely overcome with emotion with tears welling up when I read God's message through you. I am glad God brought you into my life.

In HIS name,
Jan