Matthew 25:31-40
31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
I heard a little clip of this verse on WayFM radio yesterday and it caught my attention. The DJ was talking about doing small things to help in a big way. The example he used was doing something small like sending cards to the Mothers of ill children. It doesn't take a lot of time, but does big things to help the heart of a Mother whose child is constantly fighting a battle that seems so uphill. I thought about my friend Lacie and how she must have felt when they were fighting Kyrie's battle. Not to discredit Jordan...Kyrie's Dad...but as a Mom, I can whole heartedly relate to what she must have been feeling. I thought...that is so true. When I first heard of Kyrie's story, I wanted to help. I wanted to help in a big way. But I am learning that helping doesn't always have to be a BIG job. We can help in small ways that lead to BIG results. I have always had a 'take on the world' kind of attitude when it came to charity. I have unrealistic expectations of what purpose I can serve in helping a worthy cause. I can hear God whispering...Baby Steps Amy...Baby Steps. He is telling me constantly to just do my part. We can not take on the part of others. We cannot be all the parts...but we are extensions of His body. We are part of his hands. We are the part that touches people in the smallest way leaving the biggest impressions. I am also learning that being a part of something is understanding your role and working together with others to make the 'whole' a success.
We have to be like that in our life with God. We are simply a part of His majesty. We are not the whole thing. We cannot fix the broken. We cannot make the sad people happy. We cannot heal the sick. As PR says..."there are no scars on our hands". So true PR, so true. But we can take little actions to make a big difference. In our church home, in our own homes, in our schools, in our circle of friends...simply by doing the right thing. Jesus said...
'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
You are right God...you are right. We serve Him by serving others here. We love Him by loving others here. He forgives us as we forgive others here. Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine...you did for me.
Treat others as you would treat Him. Love, serve, forgive...and as you do it, know you are taking baby steps...leaving BIG impressions...and strengthening a relationship with God.
Have a blessed day!
Amy
3 comments:
Once again, thank you Amy, for the reality of your posts. I am a person that wants to do things BIG also, but need to realize baby steps can be BIG. I will look for those baby steps I can take!
Amy,
Your message touched my heart so deeply this morning!!!
Yesterday on the news, I heard a story about how when a child is struggling with a longterm illness and is hospitalized, they put a stuffed monkey in that child's chair at school. The stuffed monkey gives a presence to where the missing child would be if they were well and a reminder to the other children to be thinking (and praying) for the sick child. The stuffed monkey also wears a backpack, so that the children can write notes or send pictures or photos to the sick child while they are in the hospital.
I loved this idea....so simple, yet so full of love!!
Have a blessed day!!
Brecken
Yay!!! Love it. Love you. Love the picture and your changes to your blog. Love your heart and the changes God has made in your life. I'm so blessed that God is allowing me to walk this path with you. SO excited about His plans for us, sister friend...so, so, so excited. Baby steps...slow and steady wins the race. But, I'm SOO excited.
Oodles o' Love,
Melissa
PS. Your post the other day about baseball and the song got ME excited about baseball season...and I really can't stand any aspect of the game, but you rubbed off on me! Just had to share.
Post a Comment