What do you see when you look in the mirror first thing in the morning? What do you see when you look in the mirror before bed at night? Are you happy with what you see? (Uhm...no. Not always.) I am not talking about the pretty hair that comes with getting out of bed. Or the bloodshot eyes that come with a tiring day. Look beyond the physical...what do you see?
For the past(almost) two months, we have been on this journey. I don't know about all of you, but I am learning. And I am loving it. What I see in the mirror is changing. I see it, others hopefully see it, and God sees it. It is not easy. But being a good, solid follower of Christ isn't easy. It is fulfilling beyond measure...but not easy.
The devotion today talks about truly seeing Jesus. When he was born, the shepherds saw the star in the sky...but it wasn't enough. They needed to see Jesus. The same thing happened with the Kings. They saw the star, but they needed to see Jesus. And they did. They made the journey to see the King.
Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
God......rewards those who truly want to find him.
So where can the spirit of Jesus be found? How can we help others see what we have already begun to see?
The spirit of Jesus is found in the word. And I am learning all kinds of things through listening...and reading...and seeing what he is doing in my life. The spirit can also be found within us. And we have a responsibility to pass it on.
Go back and look again at your reflection. Look deep into your eyes...is the change there? Can you see him? Because that is where others will look. If you are reading this today, you are changing. If you are changing from the inside out...others will see it too. They will see the change that is HIM in you.
This change is not temporary. It is everlasting. Be a reflection of Jesus today. Be a reflection of Jesus everyday. You may be the only bible someone reads...show them Jesus through you.
Today's song is called From the Inside Out and I believe it is by Hillsong. I love the words. I just added it to the playlist so please listen if you have time. Love this song...
In my heart and my soul. I give you control. Consume me from the inside out.
Let justice and praise, become my embrace.
To love you from the inside out.
Everlasting. Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending. Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring you praise
From the inside out, oh my soul cries out.
Everlasting. Never ending. I give you control. Consume me.
Today I am yours Lord. Let others see you in my reflection.
Amen
Amy
4 comments:
Thanks for stopping by! Love your blog and this was such a beautiful post. May God bless you and your family!
So glad to have found your blog through Kelly's Korner. I have three boys too although they are a little older than yours. Look forward to reading more.
Thank you for these words...very encouraging.
A very beautiful post....I have a few free hours to visit new blogs and catch up with friends... One of my favorite past times. Hope you will stop by mine. This is my ONE YEAR Blog Anniversary and there are LOTS of prizes everyday this week and next....I am celebrating the entire month.
Teresa
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment