Savior he can move the mountains, My God is Mighty to Save...He is Might to Save
Forever Author of Salvation, He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the Grave.
Today's devotion took me a minute to understand. It was two pages talking about people who dance to no music. It described in detail the place they all went and the decorations that were used in their dance hall. It talked about how they went as whole families to this place and sat waiting to dance.
I thought...skip this one. I have no idea where this is going so just skip...but I decided to at least finish it before I moved on.
So...some tried dancing to no music. Some just sat and stared at the others. The ones who were dancing were in chaos...so much that they didn't even notice a musician that came in. The man started singing a beautiful, sweet song. After a few moments, they began to dance...not all, but most.
Suddenly, a man asked the musician, "How can we know what you sing is actually music?"
And the man replied, "Let the man who has ears to hear, use them."
Hmmmm...okay, now I see. When Jesus came, people were not hearing the music. He began teaching and healing and people began to see...they were hearing his word. But what was happening became too good to be true for some and they started doubting him...You can't be singing...this can't be music...if this that you are doing is in fact music...PROVE IT.
How often do we overlook his direction, his word, his music because we are too scared to believe or too stubborn to trust?
"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing" Zephaniah 3:17
If you have ears to hear, use them to hear his music...and dance.
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment