Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Safe

The news of yesterday's fire stopped me in my tracks. Since I found out what happened, my thoughts have been elsewhere and my heart is so heavy with sadness. I don't understand. I can't wrap my mind around what happened to that family. I looked at the boys last night as we were getting everyone ready for bed and just silently thanked God for the time I have had with them. Even the time when they are fighting with one another...or the times that we were up all night with them as infants. I am thankful for the challenges that they have brought into our lives. I am thankful for the love that we share as a family. I am thankful for the roof over our head and the heat that keeps us warm at night. I am thankful for the cars we drive and for the family that supports us.

Today I feel vulnerable. Anytime after something like this happens, I think it is natural to feel that way...the sadness, the worry, the fear. Could it happen to us? The brutal truth...yes it could. But we can't sit around waiting for bad things to happen to us. We have to give that worry to God. So today when I start to think about that family, I am going to turn to my own family and tell them how much I love them. And today when that fear trickles in, I will go to God and ask him to keep us safe. Not just safe from harm, but safe from doubt.

For in my day of trouble, he will keep me safe in his dwelling~Psalms 27:5

You will be safe in his arms, you will be safe in his arms
The hands that hold the world, are holding your heart
This is a promise HE made, he will be with you always
When everything is falling apart, you will be safe in his arms

That is the chorus for the song Safe by Phil Wickham. I will try to load the song to the playlist, but it wasn't available last time I checked. Try to google it today and listen. It is a wonderful song with such a powerful meaning.

It is a promise he made...to all of us. And we are forever safe in his arms.

Have a blessed day.
Amy

1 comment:

Kimble-Wood said...

I'm right there with you. All last night at work I couldn't get this out of my mind. My heart feels so heavy and I just have this pit in my stomach. The kids were sleeping when I left last night and I had such a hard time leaving. My only comfort is knowing those two precious girls are with Him and they are safe.