Saturday, February 20, 2010

We did it

Well we did it. Today is day 30 of my Just like Jesus devotional. I realize this is more than day 30 of the blog...but sometimes my thoughts get in the way of finishing the task. BUT...we did it! We finished a devotional from cover to cover! I am so excited because I don't know that I have ever finished something so important before. Woo Hoo!

Okay about today's devotion...it is called The Heart Jesus Enters. As I was reading, a song came to mind. (Already added it to the playlist...please listen if you have time)

Hungry I come to you for I know you satisfy
I am empty but I know your love does not run dry
So I wait....for you
So I wait....FOR YOU

I'm falling on my knees
Offering all of me
Jesus you're all this heart is living for

Yesterday's verse was Hebrews 11:6

God.....rewards those who earnestly seek him (NIV)

Max Lucado gives another bible translation

He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (King James Version)

Diligently-what a great word. Be diligent in your search. Be hungry in your quest, relentless in your pilgrimage. Let this book be one of dozens you read about Jesus and this hour be one of hundreds in which you seek him. Step away from the puny pursuits of possessions and postions and seek your King. Max Lucado~Just Like Jesus

WOW

Let this hour be one of hundreds in which you seek him. Let the last 30 days be the beginning baby steps on our journey. Don't stop here. Don't stop now. I hear you Lord. I am hungry for more. I want to learn more. I want to be like HIM more. Are you with me?

"And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him"

I'm falling on my knees
Offering ALL OF ME
Jesus..you're all this heart is living for

Have an Awesome weekend!

No comments: