Monday, February 22, 2010

You are God and I am Not

You are God and I am not. Pastor Rick said these very words yesterday in our JAM service and it struck a chord. Don't get me wrong...I heard everything else, but how powerful is that statement?

You are God and I am not.

I am amazed sometimes by his intervention in our lives. Just yesterday, I woke up wondering what I might write about on this blog. As I said in the blog, I kept hearing the song in my head...How Great Thou Art.

I typed and I typed...wondering...where is this going? I have no idea if this is even going to make sense. As I finished and clicked the "publish post" button my thoughts went directly to him.

I trust you God.

I told Coach a little about what I wrote about and said..."I am not sure it will be very good today." I am sure God was thinking...

I am God and you are not. I wrote those words on your heart.

We went to JAM and my blog went hand in hand with Pastor Rick's message. I was amazed. My jaw dropped over and over at the "irony" of it all. And then I heard the words...

You are God and I am not.

Suddenly, I remembered who is doing all of this. It isn't me. It isn't about me. It isn't about what others think of me. It is about HIM. He is God. He is Awesome. He is powerful. He is amazing. He is God alone.

Today as I humble myself to what the Lord is doing in my life, I will remember who is in control of my life...and I will give him credit. I will remember which one of us is in need of guidance, direction and life.

I am adding a song to the playlist called...You are God Alone by Phillips Craig and Dean. It says...

You are not a God created by human hands
You are not a God dependent on mortal man
You are not a God in need of anything we can give
By your plan, that's just the way it is

Have a great day!
Amy

No comments: