Come to the water you who thirst and you'll thirst no more
Come to the Father you who work and you'll work no more
John 7:37
On the last day of the feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.
Come to the water, you who thirst and you'll thirst no more.
Have you ever been so thirsty that you could hardly stand it? I like Diet Coke. I like it a lot. I used to drink it all of the time. I am slowly weaning myself from drinking so much pop...but I have what some like to call a "small addiction" to pop. I have for as long as I can remember LOVED pop. Stay with me...there is a point.
There are moments when all I can think about is how good a big diet coke will taste. I will spend the day slaving over laundry (ha) and cleaning the house (ha ha) and eventually I get thirsty. All I can think about is that carbonated dream in a 32 oz cup that will make me not thirsty anymore. The other day, I needed to go to the grocery store. I gathered my coupons and list and headed off that way. But on the way there, I decided I was thirsty. I stopped for what Chele (sister) and I like to refer to as a "BIG POP" at the gas station. As I shopped, I drank. I was there probably 30 minutes and drained that thing. One problem.
I was still thirsty.
Sometimes I think that faith can be like that. We thirst for his knowledge. We thirst for his love. We look in all the wrong places and drink anything but the "water". In the end, we are still thirsty. The bible says it so clearly...so simply...
Isaiah 55:1
Come all who are thirsty, come to the waters.
He offers us love. He offers us forgiveness. He offers us salvation...eternal life. Just hearing the words makes me thirsty. If you are looking for something to quench that thirst...that longing...Love is Here. Christ's love is here and readily available for anyone who comes to him.
This does not mean you cannot drink Diet Coke. (Thank goodness) It just means that in order to truly quench your thirst...you need the water. Have a great day!
Amy
ps~ I added the song Love Is Here by Tenth Avenue North to the playlist for today. Such a great song...anyway, I also changed the order of the playlist so you could hear the songs I have added recently first.
No comments:
Post a Comment