John 8:3-7
The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught in adultery, and having set her in the center of the court, they said to Him, "Teacher, this woman has been caught in adultery, in the very act." "Now in the Law, Moses commanded us to stone such women; what then do You say." They were saying this, testing Him , so that they might have grounds for accusing Him. But Jesus stooped down with his finger and wrote on the ground. "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.
I am a stone thrower. I hate to admit that. I hate to even see the words typed out in front of me. But it is true. I have been known to throw a stone. I am not proud of myself...I am not sure why I gave myself the authority to judge others...but I have done it. Not only have I thrown stones, but I have used my Faith as a crutch. Hypocrite. Stone Thrower. Ugh.
The simple fact that I have thrown the stone means I too am at the center of the court. The sin of judging people is just as bad as the sins others have committed. WHAT? Yep...you heard right. There is no level of sin. One is not greater than the other. They are all bad and they all hurt Him. The one we are trying to be like...Jesus. Yet, he forgives. It is called Grace.
Grace~benevolence, favor...God's gift of good things which are NOT deserved.
Remember yesterday's definition of the love He has for us? Agape...unearned...unconditional. He loves us when we have done nothing to earn it. He forgives us when we do not deserve forgiveness. His Grace is nothing, but Amazing...and I am so thankful. I have thrown stones...and justified my actions by their (the people I am stoning) actions...but, God says
He who is without sin.
That would NOT be me. I have sinned. I have fallen short. BUT His mercies set me free. Today I will challenge myself to keep my stones to myself. God has forgiven me for yesterday...thank goodness...so today I will just try to stick with fixing myself. His Mercies are New each day...THANK YOU LORD.
Psalms 119:156
Great are your mercies, O Lord.
Have a great day!
Amy
1 comment:
Reminds me of the great ole hymn "Great is thy faithfulness" - the chorus reminds us that "morning by morning new mercies I see". Thank the Lord that He is merciful, even when we find ourselves "throwing stones".
Keep up the good work - PR
Post a Comment