Friday, February 26, 2010

I know that I know that I know

Today I am amazed at his wonder. I have a friend who had a baby yesterday. He was born last night...not sure of the time...but is simply wonderful. Bringing him into this world was no easy task either. But none the less, he is here. And we love him.

As I sat here and wondered what I would write about today, I decided that children would be a good topic. The way they are brought about. The way that they grow. The way that they turn into little people before our very eyes...amazing.

But even more amazing is how they love God. Brady is 3 years old...and already he loves God. He loves him with a love that could only come from a child. Innocently...truly. He doesn't understand the story of creation...or the birth of Jesus. He can't comprehend what happend when the rain came down for forty days or how the seas parted, or how Jesus died on the cross for him...but he loves him. He loves him No Questions Asked. He loves him all day everyday.

I struggle with the No Questions Asked part. Things happen every single day where I just want to throw my hands up and say..."WHY?" or "How could you let that happen?" I stomp my feet and throw fits sometimes wondering why he does the things he does. Thankfully, my boys don't seem to blame God for things that are out of their control. Their minds don't work like that...yet.

As adults, I think we tend to question God far too much. We try to plan our lives so that everything works out according to our plan. When we stray from the plan, we turn on him, knowing that he is behind the detour. We have to learn to trust him like children. Knowing that when we are on a path...it is for a purpose. HIS purpose.

One of the songs we used to sing when I was younger is called Trust in the Lord.
Trust in the Lord
Lean not on your own understanding
Let all of your ways acknowledge him
And he'll make your path straight

which JUST so happens to go hand in hand with this verse...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Children tend to lean on God. They tend to put all of their faith in him...without question. They believe...just believe in him. Pastor Rick says, "I know that I know that I know." They just know...that he is God and that is enough. Let's try to be more childlike in our faith, knowing that just knowing...is enough.

Have a great Friday!
Amy

ps~Congratulations Craig, Trista and Sweet Baby Kane...I love you all!

1 comment:

Kimble-Wood said...

Funny that you mentioned that song. I still remember singing that in the church musical. It's one I go to often.