Thursday, June 3, 2010

When everything falls apart

I heard a new song on the radio the other day and it wasn't loaded to playlist yet so I'll try to add the link to youtube at the end of this post.  What a cool song...

When everything falls apart, your arms hold me together
When everything falls apart, you're the only hope for this heart
When everything falls apart and my strength is gone
I find you mighty and strong, you keep holding on
You keep holding on

Yesterday was one of those days for me.  Lots going on...lots on the schedule...and poor planning on my part.  I didn't manage my time well and my attitude at the end of the day showed I was trying to blame that on everyone but myself.  I complained...and even cried a little bit.  I may have had an ugly attitude to a not so innocent fan on the bleachers of the team we were playing against last night...and at the end of the double extra inning game that resulted in a loss for the Jags, I probably could have been a better sport.  Ugly day...period.

But in the car on the way home, I heard this song...and I thought...God?  Were you there for all of that?  Were you listening?  Were you watching?  Because I thought you were, but I couldn't feel you completely.  Were you there?  And the answer came in the chorus of this song...

When everything falls apart...your arms hold me together.

Hmmmmm...so in the moments that came few and far between when I thought I had corrected my poor attitude...that was God?  Weird...I thought I was doing that.  And in the moments when I would stop myself from saying something ugly and wrong...that was God? (And maybe my Mom a few times at the game...reminding me that I would have to blog about it in the morning)  I guess so.  He was there...he was there holding me together.  He was the glue that kept my entire bad day from breaking me...and it wasn't until the somewhat quiet ride home at 11 pm that I heard Him saying...I am holding you daughter.

I am so glad He was there.  I am so glad He was getting me through the patches of my day that were ugly.  Don't get me wrong...nothing really that bad happened.  Just a series of events that got me flustered and turned my upside down frown...down.  I had the opportunity to quit on all of it, but I never did...and now I can be honest and give credit where credit is due.  I didn't do it at all...He did. 

Lord...thank you for holding on.  You are so good.


Check out the song here.

Have a blessed day!
Amy

No comments: