Sunday, June 13, 2010

One for the money...two for the show



Well...I can think of nothing creative to do with computer keys to show the goose egg on Brady's head other than to show you the pictures.

Yes folks...goose egg.  As in Deluxe....Supreme...Biggest Goose egg we've ever seen in this household...and we've had a few.

Exhibit A




I rest my case.



None of us are completely sure how he did this, but it had to do with a bat and some concrete at Brett's baseball tournament.  We were in the very heat of the day and we were playing one of our biggest rivals.  It was intense...or so I thought...until the head injury occurred.  All of a sudden, there were people running around everywhere trying to find us ice and we were searching for the PA that stitched him up the day before...as her son plays on the team we were playing.  People came out of everywhere to help us and I was so very thankful.  Some Moms from the other team offered support and advice as Moms from our team were gathering water, ice bags and the Dr in our dugout who happens to be one of our coaches!  Good grief.  We made quite a scene...and his head...oh his head. 

So...we went to eat dinner Sat. night after the stitches and ran into one of our closest friends~Uncle Gary~and Gary gave Brady a dollar for his injury.  Hence the 'one for the money'.  Once the goose egg popped up from his little head today, I decided this injury would be called 'two for the show'.  There is no missing this one...it is all show.  Even complete strangers were walking by giving us that...Oh MY! look. 

So I would like to put out there that we don't want the 'three to get ready'.  We've had enough.  No three...no Go Go Go either.  Brady is sound asleep in his bed, where I am fairly sure he cannot hurt himself in any way.



Knock. Knock. Knock.

And we...the parental units of this clumsy, rammy three year old, can breathe for a bit.  I had forgotten how hard it is to let a child run around after an injury.  My first reaction is to jerk and jump every time he even attempts a fall...and I used to be so calm!  He is our third boy...I mean...we should be used to this, right?

I don't think we'll EVER get used to seeing our little one (or any of the boys for that matter) hurt.  It will always pain us to see them in any sort of hurtful situation...and I think...God must feel that way about us too.  Not just with physical pain, but with any pain.  I am sure He struggles to watch us hurt...and I know, that just as Coach and I are with the boys, he'll always be there to wipe our tears. 
Thank you Lord for setting such a great example for us as parents.  Now seriously...enough with the injuries.  Amen.

Have a Blessed Monday all!
Amy

p.s~thank you for Mimi who took us home from the hot ballpark for a bowl of ice cream and some TLC.  Mimi, you are the best...Love, Brady

1 comment:

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

Bless his little beat up heart! I can't imagine... you must be one cool cucumber of a Mommy! Noah is so cautious... he has never even legitimately needed a BandAid! I hope he heals up quickly!

I also really liked your last post. You are right... when I get myself in the right frame of mind, it's easy to see that what seems like chaos and messiness is really "my paradise"! Thank you for reminding me of that!

Glad you are enjoying your summer... it will be over before we know it!