Hello all! We got back into town about three hours ago and I must apologize for going on blog hiatus. I took Brett's laptop with the intent of blogging about our travels, but time did not allow. Coach stayed home from the trip due to some Football coaching responsibilities and I was on my own with three little men.
I know what you are thinking...she must be crazy right?
And the answer is yes. Crazy in love with the thought of spending some quality time away from our house. Crazy in love with the thought of being in the sun and soaking up the relaxation. That might seem like a far cry from reality considering Brady went on the trip with us, but he was really a good boy.
The boys went 2 and 2 in the tournament and had an absolute blast at the hotel. We stayed in a really cool hotel and the kids got to swim, mini golf and play ping pong all evening long. They thought it was super cool to stay in our room and eat pop tarts. Tanner got to get ice from the ice machine for our Sunny D and the best part of the whole trip was unlocking the door with the credit card key. We ate at a really cool little place on Friday night and ordered pizza on Saturday so the boys could just relax after the two games in the 95 degree heat. It was such a great day.
Why am I telling you all of this? Because it was just what the Dr. ordered for this Mom. I was dreading this trip. I was dragging my feet packing my bag and Coach practically had to push me out the door on Friday to get going. I thought...this is a recipe for disaster. One parent+three kids+strange environment+heat and exhaustion=DISASTER.
Turns out...I was wrong. The boys were so excited...and grateful! They were as thrilled to be away from home as I was and we all got along great! We had about thirty minutes of giggling about bodily noises in bed both nights, but that was it. I only yelled twice and both times were warranted...I thought. :)
It makes me smile to think that God knew long before I did that this weekend was just what we needed. Sometimes I look at baseball as the one thing that is pulling our family in a million different directions. But this weekend, it was the one thing that brought us together (minus coach, of course) and it was exactly what the Nelsons needed. There are days when I think how cool it would be to take the boys to some place really cool...turns out...Manhattan, KS was pretty darn cool. Thank you Lord for knowing...and for always showing us the way.
Have a Blessed...night!
Amy
2 comments:
You are so much braver than I to take that trip all by your lonesome! Glad you had fun and you all survived! :) It is fun to just get away!!
I'm so proud of you! U are a great mom and you always find a way to thank God for blessing you with a wonderful weekend! Great blog! Love you - mom
Oh - one small request - Bailey would appreciate it if you didn't leave Coach in charge of her well-being! She said thank goodness for Mimi and Aunt Chele . . . hmmm, sounds familiar! lol
Post a Comment