Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sick Day

Today I am home with my little one who is under the weather.  He woke up with a cough and a low fever yesterday so we took him to the Dr.  She told us it was probably just bad allergies, but to call if he got worse. 

Yes...you guessed it.

He got worse.  I spent the night coiled around him and his three favorite blankets (and his bat bag) in his twin size bed.  I am not a very tall person, but completely outgrew his bed years ago.  Needless to say, I did not get much sleep.  

But that is alright with me.  Because just being there was enough for Brady to relax and close his eyes.  I couldn't take the pain away and I couldn't make him all better.  But I could lay there...rubbing his back and holding his hand.  And just that was enough.

Sounds similar to the relationship we have with God.  He cannot take the pain away.   He cannot always make us better.  But he can be present in our lives.  He can hold our hands and our hearts as we learn and grow through pain.  And when we come through those times and find our smiles again, He is the happiest to see them. 

Hope you all have a blessed day!
Amy

No comments: