Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Alert!

Yesterday morning, I woke up to the wind and the thunder...at 4 a.m.  Not a good start to the day considering coach is out of town and I wasn't sure where half of my deck furniture was going to end up.  So I started my coffee and grabbed my trusty computer to blog for the day.

In an attempt to add a song to my playlist...my computer got a virus...UGH!  I tried to shut it down before things were affected, but it was too late.  After about ten minutes of trying...I shut it down and texted my computer friendly cousin to see if he could help.  Currently he has my laptop and I am typing on my son's netbook...which has very small keys.  I cannot be held accountable for any typos for the next few days as I have no idea what I am hitting half the time.

After the storm and the virus, the day slowly got better.  I tried to let God know that I was struggling and that I was in need of his help.  Suddenly, things started looking up and it turned out to be a pretty productive day.  Probably because my computer was in the shop!  No blogging...no facebook...no email.  I was amazed at how much I was able to get done when there weren't as many distractions.  Funny....it is almost like God knew I might need that too.  Like he was saying...put it all away and focus on the things that truly need your attention.  I decided that in the mornings after I blog, I'll be shutting my laptop and not getting it back out until I have at least most of my to do list done...we'll see how that goes!  Sometimes I just need a connection to the outside world.  My little ones don't always offer me the conversation that I am looking for...but they are very good listeners!

Last night I found out that a little boy on Tanner's team has a brother that was born with a heart defect.  Apparently while they were on vacation, the brother's heart failed and they are in St. Louis in a hospital.  They'll be trying to get him home and he'll be on a heart transplant list here.  His name is Logan Xander and he is 14.  His brothers are Garrett and Hunter and they are 12 and 8, I believe.  Three boys...sounds familiar.  I am telling you this for two reasons...

One, because in all of my surface struggles yesterday, I never once had to think about the life of one of my children.  They are healthy...happy...and strong.  Suddenly I realized how blessed we truly are, and my baseball picture with the boys yesterday took on a whole new meaning.

Secondly, to ask for prayers for Logan and for their family.  I cannot imagine what that would be like...knowing that your child is in need of something in such a bad way and not being able to do anything about.  But I know God...and I know that He knows the plans He has for Logan...and I trust Him.  Please pray for Logan and the Xander family in the next few days as they go about trying to transfer him from St. Louis to home.

Have a Blessed Day and remember to count your blessings!
Amy

No comments: