Saturday, June 12, 2010
Just Another Day in Paradise
I was looking through the different blog backgrounds on the site that I get my cute blog backgrounds from and decided I needed a new look for summer. I LOVE summer. I love the laid back (using that term lightly) way of life. Don't get me wrong...we are WAAAAAAAY busy...but life is just different. There doesn't seem to be the rush from thing to thing. We just kind of go and do in a different way. And I just love it. As I sit here in my kitchen blogging and listening to WayFM, I look around at my house and I think...Ugh. The kitchen counter is piled high with magazines, a sack of potatoes, a sippy cup, a diet coke can and a flash light. The couch is piled high with a weeks worth of laundry that Coach has so kindly folded for me. The bathrooms could use a little attention and I personally would like to get a shower before the big baseball games tonight. Yet here I sit...changing the background to my blog. I was looking at a picture of the ocean and I closed my eyes and could actually hear the waves. The paradise that offers peaceful relaxation that is so far away from me seems to be there when I close my eyes...what a cool trick! And then I hear..."MOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM", and I know I am right where I left off. I guess when I get so wrapped up in the mess of our lives, I like to just sit and pretend I am on some beach somewhere...and loving life in every way.
Again...you are thinking I am crazy.
And I might be.
But I was just thinking about how thankful I am for the cool house...because that means we have a place to live. And the sack of potatoes...because that means I have been to the store and have the money to buy food to feed my family. And the sippy cup...because that means I have my little three year old handful running around the house...and he is healthy and happy enough to do just that...run and be a handful. The diet coke makes me happy for obvious reasons...because I love it. Period. The laundry...we have clean clothes...plenty of them. My kids are fed, clothed, and have a home and love. Not all children have that and it breaks my heart to think of those that don't. I have stacks and stacks of magazines...and I am even thankful that I don't have time to read them. We have so much to do keeping this family running that I don't have time to sit and read them. Someday I will. Someday my house will be clean, and quiet. The laundry will be clean, pressed and put away...because that is the only thing I"ll have to do.
But for now...
This is my paradise. Maybe the sounds aren't ocean waves and tropical birds chirping in the background. Maybe my front door is smeared so much you can't see in or out...but life here is good.
Yep...I am in paradise. Thank you Lord for blessing me with this little crazy, messy, piece of Heaven on earth.
Have a Happy Saturday!
Go Big Jags and Little Jags!
Prayer request going out for my friend Amy Staggs. She lost her Grandfather on Thursday so please join me in lifting their family up in prayer as they say their earthly goodbyes. Love and Hugs Aim...love you.
Continued prayers for Logan Xander and his family as they begin the wait for a donor for his heart transplant. Please join Team Logan on Facebook for updates, information and the opportunity to order Team Logan bracelets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment