Monday, June 21, 2010

Being Held Accountable

 Last week, I posted something about the busy lifestyle that we lead.  I get so frustrated when I don't have time with God.  And sometimes, I don't even realize that is what I am frustrated about until I am going through my day acting in an unchristian like manner.  Usually it hits me about bedtime and I am thinking..."All that because I didn't include God in this day."  He knows it...I know it...yet I try to blame other factors for my lack of getting things done and my poor attitude.

Well as of today...Monday, June 'whatever day it is', 2010 (Can't keep track because it is Summer)...I am holding myself accountable.  I am going to start MAKING myself start out the day with God.  My Mom posted on that blog post that I needed to start my day with Him and the rest would fall into place.  I know she is right...and I have the bible study sitting right here beside me to prove it.  It is amazing the shift in your attitude that takes place when you are reminded first thing of God's love.  My blog friend Brecken (who I've never met, but adore) suggested that I do a bible study with my kids.  Since I spend a majority of my time with them, that makes perfect sense.  I am excited to look through childrens devotionals that we have and find things that will relate to their little lives.  What a concept...I try so hard to share His love with them daily, but this is something different.  They'll be able to understand WHY His love is so important...because the Bible tells them so.  And then there is my pastor.  PR.  He suggested that I hold myself accountable.  Right.  I understand...and you are totally right.  Sometimes as Moms, we like to complain about things that are very much in our control.  Like..."Geez, this house is a wreck."  Well...guess how to make it not be a wreck?  Clean it up...got it.  Or..."There is laundry EVERYWHERE!"  Well...put it away!  Now there is not much I can do about the fact that I am not a good cook.  Sorry kids...but I will keep practicing on that one.  I write and write about the crazy, busy lifestyle that we lead, but that is our choice.  In order to make things happen, we have a choice. 

So today, I choose to change things a bit.  I will be starting my day with God...sharing Him with my kids...and finishing tasks that will make me smile at the end of the day.  Who knows...I might even get a workout in! (Let's not get crazy though).  Now...Mom and friends...don't come in here thinking it will be spotless...because Rome wasn't built in a day. 

Have a Blessed Day!
Amy

1 comment:

JoAnne said...

Yikes! That is my focus today too! I'm tired of going to bed saying........aaaaaaaahhhhhh! I why must this house look this way every night? And feeling like I didn't accomplish anything. Than feeling guilty that i didn't spend anytime with God. So, I have exercised......read my Bible......started a load of laundry.......and am now at your blog which is the last step before getting in the shower. So far, so good today! Thanks for sharing....makes me :) to know I'm not alone in my journey!