Hi all! I am so glad to report that it is Friday morning and the weekend is upon us. As I sit her and drink my coffee...I wanted to share something that I read on facebook the other morning . It is a quote from my friend's husband and I just fell in love with it.
How do you find words when there are none? Lord my tank is empty and I am ready for You to use me tomorrow. I rejoice knowing You have removed me from the equation. Speak freely Father~Josh Sears
Josh, I hope you don't mind my using it, but I just thought it might be relevant to someone out there who is struggling to find the words. I have no idea what he was referring to when he wrote this, but I loved how open and willing he was to lay himself down and do the work of the Lord...without his own words or opinions getting in the way.
The bible study that I attempted to start a month or so ago sits on my nightstand calling my name. It is called, He Speaks To Me and I just so want to dive into it. But our time is limited and when we do have time, I am usually distracted by the sound of boys fighting...or picture frames breaking...etc. My quiet time is limited to sleeping right now...and it frustrates me that I cannot find time to be with the Lord.
So my post will be like Josh, but different...How do you find time when there is none? Lord my tank is empty and I am ready for You to use me today. I rejoice knowing You have removed me from the equation. Speak freely Father through this study...and I will be still and listen.
I am asking God to remove all the "busy"ness from the equation and help me to find time for Him. I have moments when I am exhausted...and need a break. But instead of going to Him...I sit and watch TV or check emails or facebook. The time is there, but the desire to seek Him is lacking. So I am coming to Him with an empty tank and asking for Him to remove my poor decision making from the equation as a whole.
We are baseball tournament free this weekend!!! So I am looking forward to some swimming, some playing and some laid back time with the boys and Coach. And if all goes as planned, I'll find some time in there for God to speak to me. Have a Blessed Weekend all!
Amy
4 comments:
Good stuff. My question - Do you really want to be held accountable to your request? Seems to me that you do. And it also seems to me that you answer many of your own questions in the midst of your blogs. So then.................
PR
Amy,
Most often when I make sure I put God first and take time for reading and prayer with him, the rest of the "stuff" just seems to go away! Life does find a way sometimes to get in the way, however, God never gives up on us and he waits patiently and probably with a big smile on his face when we finally figure "it" out! It - what's most important in our lives! It - that which makes us whole! You'll find a way to get it all done and you'll have energy to spare! Love you - mom Oh and in my most humble unbiased opinion - you PASS!!!
Amy,
I remember those days SO well!! Being a stay-at-home mom is one of the hardest, busiest jobs on earth!! And finding time to carve out for prayer and Bible studies can be so hard sometimes!! One thing that I did through those years was to get a devotional at the age level of my kids....and I was always amazed as we sat down to read them together, how God would speak a special message to my heart!! He values your vocation as wife and mother and He knows all the demands that it places on you...you are doing great at giving it all to Him and He will bless you for that!! God Bless!!!
PR...you are such a know it all. Mom...I love you. Brecken...GREAT IDEA! I am so thankful that you suggested that! Will go looking for one tomorrow!
Love,
Amy
Post a Comment