Saturday, June 26, 2010

Wedded Bliss

When I first fell in love with Coach, he was coaching a summer baseball team for 13 year old boys.  We had such a fun summer that year.  A couple of the parents really took to Coach and we have been good friends ever since.  Gary and Kim McGuire are the parents of three boys.  Kyle, Travis and Corbin.  Kyle is the oldest and played on Coach's team for two or three years I believe.  And that summer that we were engaged, the McGuires and a couple of other families threw us a couple's shower.  It seems like so long ago, but it is a summer we'll never forget.  Their youngest son Corbin, ended up being our ring bearer at our wedding and just graduated High School this year.  Coach coached him in all three sports at some time or another and became extremely close with him.  We got to know Travis through coaching Kyle as well and we adore him.  Knowing Travis has made raising my Tanner just a little easier all these years.  I know that I know that I know...that Tanner...is going to be alright.  Travis got married last September to a wonderful girl named Abby and she is as sweet as she is fun.  This family means the world to us.

Today we are heading to Kansas City for Kyle's wedding.  He is marrying a sweet girl named Bridget and we already love her like she is part of the family.  It is just funny to me how time passes by.  Almost twelve years ago, this was us.  Waking up on our Wedding day...nervous...excited...nervous...happy...and now here we are...with three boys, a mortgage, car payments, loan payments, jobs, ballgames that we attend, etc.  What the heck?  That is the life that Gary and Kim lead and we were Kyle and Bridget!  And now, we are the adults (using that term loosely of course) and they are getting married!  Where does the time go?  How can this be happening?  Why do we have the 10, 8 and 3 year olds and these boys are now grown men getting married!!!

Life goes on...and you don't even see it happening.  All of a sudden, we are what we used to think we'd never be.  But I can honestly say that if we raise our boys to be half as happy as the McGuire boys, we'll be doing quite well.  I am not saying they are perfect, but they are perfectly happy.  And that is all I want for my  boys...and for coach.

Kyle and Bridget...Congratulations!  We are so looking forward to today and to watching you grow in your love for one another.  May you find the happiness in the things you don't realize will bring it to you.  Keep Christ in your marriage and stick it out...no matter what.  Make the commitment and keep it.  You'll never look back and say, "I'm really sorry we worked that out."  Love you guys!!!

Kim and Gary...we love you both so much.  Congrats on getting another one married off!  We think the world of you and are so fortunate to have been a part of your lives from when we fell in love to now.  Thanks for being such an example in our lives, our marriage and our walk with Christ.  Can't wait to have a good time today!  Love you guys too!

Coach...thank you for being such a wonderful husband.  Thinking about today puts me back almost twelve years and it makes me smile just thinking about that day.  Sometimes I wish that someone would have warned us about what we were about to take on...but I wouldn't change a thing.  I love you more than I can ever tell you and feel like the most blessed woman in the world to have you as my husband, best friend and as the Dad of our three boys.  I have a feeling that this is the easy part though...so hang on. Together we can do anything...especially with Christ.  I love you...

Have a Blessed Weekend!
Amy

2 comments:

Kimble-Wood said...

What a great post! I have to tell you how much I love Kim. She was my second grade teacher and had such an impact on my life. When I was young and going through some rough times my mom called Kim and she invited me over and just talked to me. It was so nice.

It's hard to believe the boys are old enough to be getting married. It seems like yesterday Corbin was spitting up on me!

Bridget said...

Amy,

Kyle and I just wanted to let you know your blog post was incredibly sweet! Thank you for coming and sharing in our special day, we could not have asked for thing to go any better!

Bridget and Kyle