Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Whatever You're Doing

Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos, but somehow there's peace
It's hard to surrender to what I can't see
But I'm giving in to something Heavenly

Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos, but I believe
You're up to something bigger than me
Larger than life...something Heavenly

As I got out of bed today, I started thinking about the chaos in my mind.  When we accept Christ into our heart, we have the most amazing feeling.  And it is so sweet...until life starts happening again.  Being a Christian is not easy.  Especially being a new Christian.  We have to retrain our minds to follow our hearts.  The heart that is like His.  We have to re think our immediate responses to things...people...situations.  We have to retrain our mouths to say things that reflect His love and His intentions.  Yes...of course God is there helping us every step of the way.  But guess who else is sitting there stirring the pot...Satan.  He is the voice that encourages the anger and the hate.  He encourages the "just One More Time" moments.  He is the greed, the jealousy, the ugliness that can surface all too easily when given just an ounce of opportunity.

I have been talking a lot about Trusting Him.  And I do.  I really, really do.  But as I am Full Out Trusting God, I can see Satan working in and among us.  And I would like to squash his every attempt.  But it takes determination...and of course Courage

I wonder when God was revealing his "plan" to Jesus in the garden that night...how Satan was working at the very same time.  We know he got ahold of Judas and Peter...but how hard was he working on the other disciples...and Jesus' followers?  Did they doubt?  Did they start to think differently of the very man they worshiped just days before riding in on the Donkey?  Satan...you pot stirrer.  You bring doubt to the very hearts that God brought life and hope. 

Think about that though...why when we are so new to Christ's love...would Satan try so hard to win us over with doubt?  Well maybe he thinks we are not strong enough in the word to truly believe the promise.  Maybe he sees the questions...that appear as doubt...and slips in the tiniest cracks to create problems. 

In my personal life, Christ is working very hard.  Which makes me think that Satan is working just as hard to create a road block in my life.  But I know in my heart that if I truly believe like I know that I do, God will wrap his hand around my heart and it will be protected.

Big things are happening in my mind right now, and I am starting to understand why He is so involved...so interested...so in charge.  I love it.  But, my thoughts right now are chaos.  My daily life is always chaos.  And I feel like I am in a constant tail spin.  I heard this song yesterday on the radio and am pretty sure God put it on there just for me to hear.

My prayer is that this week, I will set aside all confusion and focus on the shadow of the Cross.  Without the Cross...and without His sacrifice, there would be no confusion and chaos and wonder for me to be lost in.  Whatever your doing inside of me...it feels like chaos, but somehow there is peace.  Help me find the peace, Lord.
Have a Blessed Day!
Amy

1 comment:

Melissa said...

LOVE this song...this is one of the songs that sustained me last spring. My favorite line from the song..."All I can do is surrender".

In my experience, when I truly and wholly surrender to His will for my life...big, wonderful, amazing things happen. The exciting thing is...we are all surrendering together, we are not alone in the chaos...and the result is Heavenly.

All day yesterday, I was in a tailspin thanks to you and God! And I love it. In my soul there is a stir. It's almost as if I didn't know that a part of me was missing, a part I had put away to shield myself from the pain of the loss...but yesterday I realized that it was missing and I see a flicker of it returning.

Thanks to you and God. Thanks to Jesus and the cross...thanks to love and courage.

Bunches 'o Love,
Melissa