Sunday, March 14, 2010

Awwww Nuts

Well we had one of those Awwww Nuts moments today. Brady came and woke us up...and I asked Coach if he had remembered to set the clocks forward...Awwwww Nuts! Immediate panic set in. We rolled out of bed and started rushing around. Before long, we were all snapping at each other and by the time we got to church, our hearts were filled with anything, but love for each other.

I have a bad habit of forgetting things. I don't know how I do it, but I can forget things almost instantly. It has become a joke amongst my friends who so lovingly refer to me as Dori from the movie Nemo. But I come by it honestly. I forget where I set my phone down. I forget my purse when we try on clothes at stores. I forget things at the grocery store. I forget practice times and meetings. I forget to pick up Bread from my Grandpa...five minutes after we get off the phone from him calling to ask me to come and pick it up! I forget Birthdays and what I wore yesterday. I forget to hang up my towel after my shower and to close cabinet doors. I just have one of those almost useless memories. Today we forgot to set the clock forward. And we had plenty of reminders. Even the grocery store clerk told me not to forget...but I forgot.

Coach sent this picture to me a few months ago and I believe it describes my life perfectly. I don't know how many times I have said...Oh No! Was that today?...

I am thankful for those in my life who give me chance after chance when I forget. God included. There are moments from time to time when I forget that he is there with me. There are times when I forget how to act or forget that it is all in his plan...not mine. He never gives up on what might seem like a hopeless cause...because I am his workmanship.

Thank goodness.

Today at church, Pastor Rick talked about the chains of bondage...and how Christ's love will set us free. I need to process all that I learned today so that I can share it with you this week. Take some time today and think about the things that are holding you away from the Lord. Think about the things that are keeping you from truly having a relationship with him. And have a blessed day!

Amy

No comments: