Filled with wonder,
Awestruck wonder
At the mention of Your Name
Jesus, Your Name is Power
Breath, and Living Water
Such a marvelous mystery
Wow. That is all I can say today is Wow. I am full of wonder. I am full of hope. I am full...and I know why.
Let me just start off by saying I have been following Sicily Zeka's caring bridge site for months. I've mentioned her and her family in the last couple of days because Sicily was called home to Heaven on Sunday, March 21st. My heart aches for this family. Sicily was four years old...and she was diagnosed in the Summer of 2008. I am sure when they were faced with the news that Sicily had this cancer, they had no idea what they were up against. I don't think that anyone ever knows...
Anyway, I wanted to share a series of events that happened to me yesterday that have opened my eyes to His involvement...yet again. Lord...you need to know...I hear you.
Sicily's Mom Kerry has been posting in the journal since the beginning of their journey with this illness. I signed up to receive emails from the CaringBridge site to get updates on her condition. Some were so uplifting. Some were painful to read. But the sadness in my heart from reading Kerry's words is just a fraction of the pain that was in her heart as she was writing. Lord...give me just a fraction of her pain.
Anyway, on Sunday, Kerry posted about a CD that had been given to them by a neighbor. The CD was by an artist named Kari Jobe. Kerry went on and on about how they had been playing the CD throughout their home and how soothing it had been to them these past few days. Sunday, as they realized it was "time"...I can hardly type that...they rushed Kerry and Sicily to a very special rocking chair in their room and she turned on the CD that had been given to them. They turned it to the song Beautiful...and they loved her to Heaven. My heart just aches as the tears fall down my cheeks. Lord...be with them and help them to feel you there.
So yesterday, my wonderful friend Bonnie came over to visit and spend time with me. As we were talking casually, she said she wanted to share a song with me that she had found on youtube. The song was No Sweeter Name...by Kari Jobe. When she said the name...I stood still. Then I sat down on the arm of the couch and just looked at her. Prior to hearing about Kari on Sicily's website...I had never heard of this artist before in my life. Now...most people would be like...Oh! I have heard of her before! Not me. I was brought to tears because I KNEW he was behind this. So we (Bonnie and I) go to my computer and pull up Kari's name and the group of her worship team. It just so happens that she is on a worship team with several people that taught my friend Bonnie when she went to Bible College. She was pointing and naming people that were on stage with Kari Jobe! And...I told her the story about Sicily. Bonnie jumped on her phone and called an old friend that was in contact with the Worship Team that Kari Jobe belongs to. She left this friend a voicemail that she had something she wanted to share with him...and that was it.
HE CALLED HER BACK.
Not only does he know Kari Jobe, but they are friends. After Bonnie told this friend Sicily's story, he said he'd contact Kari and let her know of the events that had taken place.
AND THEN...Bonnie went and read the journal entry for Sicily's CaringBridge site yesterday and the entry was all about this CD...and how healing it had been...and how Kerry felt like the song Beautiful had been written just for them...AND that Kari Jobe had personally signed this CD that had been given to them. It was as if God was saying...I'm way ahead of you Amy. I am so glad that he is in charge.
Lord...you are so good. You are so involved. You are so present. And I AM BLESSED TO BE A PART OF YOUR LOVE. Thank you Lord for giving me these dots to connect. Thank you for blessing me with Sicily's story...and Kerry's strength...and Kari's music...and Kyrie's family...and my friends and my family that love you so much. You are simply Amazing. And I ADORE YOU.
Amy
Another piece to the puzzle of yesterday's events...My Mom lost one of her closest friends to Cancer just almost a year ago. Yesterday she was hurting and missing her friend Sherry. As I read through Sicily's information I realized that Sicily and my Mom's friend Sherry share a very important date...they have the same Birthday. Mom went to my blog and found such comfort in the song Revelation by...Kari Jobe...and then she emailed to let me know that she had a God Moment. She also received an email with pictures of a paver memorial that had been established in Sherry's name on the WSU campus. I am sure this email is what sparked her to miss Sherry in the first place...and as God would have it, Mom found comfort in the very same music that Kerry Zeka has been finding comfort. I think God was definetly up to something here. Thank you Lord.
2 comments:
You brought me to tears this morning! Thank you for this daily reminder of the blessings the Lord has for each of us, even in the greatest storms of life. HE is always right beside us, holding our hands. Have a blessed day!
Thank you for sharing that. I love Kari Jobe too and follow her on Twitter. Praying for that family ~ Blessings ~
Post a Comment