Matthew 16: 13-15
When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?"
They replied, "Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah; and still others , Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
"But what about you?" he asked "Who do you say that I am?"
Coach and I were having a conversation last night about this very thing. He is a mentor for our church confirmation class and this was up for discussion last week. PR (Pastor Rick) asked the class "Who do YOU say that he is?" And it got Coach thinking...and so he asked me..."Who do YOU say that he is?" And so it got me thinking...and I am asking you..."Who do YOU say that he is?"
What I mean is what is God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit to you? Ask yourself...if someone asked you who God is to you...what would you say? Father, Messiah, Savior...Almighty, Awesome, All knowing...Ever present, never ending, creator?
The truth to me is that he is all those things and more. He is the creator of the Heavens and the Earth. He is our Father who art in Heaven. I have my Earthly Father...who I love very much. And I have my heavenly Father who I also love very much. He is the Savior. He sent his only son to come here. He sent him to die on the cross for our sins. He sent him to save us. I think he is pretty Awesome...and all knowing. No doubt about that. But what do YOU think he is? What is he to you?
Coach and I had a long talk and here is what I came up with...Christ to me is the "Peace that passes understanding". We used to sing
I've got the Joy Joy Joy Joy down in my heart...down in my heart...down in my heart
and the one of the verses to that song was
I've got the Peace that passes understanding down in my heart
If I had to describe Christ...I'd say that. He is the peace that passes understanding. I told Coach last night that he is the calm that comes over me when I least expect it, yet need it the most. When finances frighten me...when the boys are hurting (physically or emotionally)...when bad things happen. He is the calm that comes over me that I don't even know is happening. When I can't sleep because my heart is filled with worry, he washes me with reassurance, and I fall asleep. He is ever present. He is always there. There have been moments in this life when I have not noticed him being there...but he has always been there. The peace that passes understanding. What he does to me is beyond comprehension. He is there to lift the load...sometimes when I ask him too...and sometimes, he just takes it anyway.
Today, I want you to ask yourself...Who do you say that HE is in your life? What does he do for you? What about him makes you a better person? What about him makes you a stronger person? If you want, add your answer in a comment to this post. You never know...who HE is to you, just might bring someone else to HIM.
Have a blessed Monday!
Amy
ps~added the song I Am by Mark Schultz to the playlist
2 comments:
He is everything to me - he is the one constant in my life who loves me unconditionally, accepts my imperfections and gives me the strength and encouragement to face anything that comes my way! Life is full of challenges, but God gives us the tools to get through the good and the bad and forge ahead. He is ever present and always loving us! Wow - what can be better than that?? Mom
To me, He is Papa...Abba...Father...He is my protector, my comforter, my guide, the one who offers correction when I need it...and yet He does that with the grace that ONLY my heavenly father could offer. When I picture Him in my mind's eye, I see Him as a grandfatherly looking being...I'm sure He has the most tender expression and eyes that simply speak love...He is love to me...the epitomy of all that love could ever be, all we know it to be and so much more than we could fathom it to be.
Love the playlist, friend 'o mine!! By the way, I am sorry I didn't call you back last week...I simply had NO TIME!! I will talk to you this week. Love you!!
Post a Comment